Anyone Near Huntington Beach In California ???

Started by 40, February 15, 2014, 07:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Am considering the purchase of a vehicle in Huntington Beach.....I cannot fit a trip there into the forseeable future so was wondering if anyone was close that could put eyes on it for me. I would be more than willing to compensate for time and expenses......Thanks in advance!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "40"Am considering the purchase of a vehicle in Huntington Beach.....I cannot fit a trip there into the forseeable future so was wondering if anyone was close that could put eyes on it for me. I would be more than willing to compensate for time and expenses......Thanks in advance!

I'm "reasonably" close in Northern Il .. I would be happy to inspect it for you ...       8)

( For expenses of course .... :lol: )

Bob ....... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Bob.....I knew it would be just a matter of time before one of the stand-up guys on this message board would step up and offer to help :lol: Of course, I will only consider your offer if you allow me to also pay for a side trip to Vegas and if you can find a couple of pals to go along....at my expense,of course as it would be very rude of me to expect you to travel that great distance alone :P

58 Yeoman

Well...gee...I guess if Bob will swing down this part of the state, I'll go along, too.  Hey Bob, we can take the southern route and take in a lot of Route 66 while we're at it.  We can catch Rt. 66 at Pontiac; that's only 30 or so miles from where I'm at... :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

UGLY OLDS

Hey Phil.....

Let's leave now ... They're calling  for 6 to 8 inches up here tomorrow  :shock:

Lets git while the gittin's good ... :idea:

HEY ...Frank knows his way around Vegas   :!:

What say Frank   :?:   Should we help a buddy out   :?:  :?:  :idea:

Bob... :wink:

34ford

enjenjo

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Hey Phil.....

Let's leave now ... They're calling  for 6 to 8 inches up here tomorrow  :shock:

Lets git while the gittin's good ... :idea:

HEY ...Frank knows his way around Vegas   :!:

What say Frank   :?:   Should we help a buddy out   :?:  :?:  :idea:

Bob... :wink:

Fine with me, I have to go back out there anyway
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

QuoteWhat ya looking at

Hey Bob......Looking at another 55 Chevy......seems I need a 2-dr Sedan to go with my pick-up and the wife's hardtop. It is a mostly stock car with a 6 holer and a 3-speed w/overdrive.It will be a candidate in the future for the 425hp,dual-quad 409 and the Tremec 6-speed I have in the corner of the shop.I had a fellow look at the car for me......Sorry guys,I appologize for ruining your vacation plans  :P ......and he was impressed so now I'm in the process of finding an enclosed hauler.Should have it here in a week or so......I'll post a photo or two of the old girl when it arrives. Guess I better start rearranging the shop to try and fit it in.....Good thing I just got my 4-post hoist assembled and operational. Still trying to convince the wife that if I had 4 or 5 more hoists,I'd have room for lots more cars.....not sure I'm making much progress though  :roll:

enjenjo

Quote from: "40"
QuoteWhat ya looking at

Hey Bob......Looking at another 55 Chevy......seems I need a 2-dr Sedan to go with my pick-up and the wife's hardtop. It is a mostly stock car with a 6 holer and a 3-speed w/overdrive.It will be a candidate in the future for the 425hp,dual-quad 409 and the Tremec 6-speed I have in the corner of the shop.I had a fellow look at the car for me......Sorry guys,I appologize for ruining your vacation plans  :P ......and he was impressed so now I'm in the process of finding an enclosed hauler.Should have it here in a week or so......I'll post a photo or two of the old girl when it arrives. Guess I better start rearranging the shop to try and fit it in.....Good thing I just got my 4-post hoist assembled and operational. Still trying to convince the wife that if I had 4 or 5 more hoists,I'd have room for lots more cars.....not sure I'm making much progress though  :roll:

And I had my bags packed :(
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Well .....The old girl arrived but I'm not sure she likes it here......It was +5 with a wind chill of -25 degrees when we rolled her out of the box. I think she wanted to go back to sunny California and I wanted to go with! The car is exactly as described......sure is nice to deal with another honest car guy! My camera wasn't working right probably due to the cold....couldn't have been the dumb * behind the lens.......so I'll post a couple of photos that were taken by the previous owner.Looking forward to tweaking it a bit and getting it on the road if Spring ever gets here!

34ford

chimp koose

Well it was -45C 0r -49F here the other day but that car would warm up the scenery! Nice ride!!!!!!!

rumrumm

Love those '55's! Looks like a nice acquisition.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

UGLY OLDS

NEAT looking car ... You had mentioned that it was stock , yet in the photos it looks like it has been lowered both front & rear....Camera angle  or am I looking at the photos crooked ????

Bob.... :wink:

purplepickup

George