O.T. Going to China!

Started by phat46, January 12, 2014, 07:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Quote from: "parklane"Does that mean you can find a Golden Corral??
Any idea how long you're gone for?

John, it's supposed to be three weeks, I'm hoping to be done in two.

UGLY OLDS

Joe ... I've got an idea ... :idea:      

Maybe we can give you orders & you can pick up some goodies at "Harbor Fright "  at wholesale prices    8)

Think of the profits  :!:  :!:  :lol:

Bob ....  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

phat46

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Joe ... I've got an idea ... :idea:      

Maybe we can give you orders & you can pick up some goodies at "Harbor Fright "  at wholesale prices    8)

Think of the profits  :!:  :!:  :lol:

Bob ....  :wink:

When I was still working the guy from the shop that went over there would buy knockoff  Rolexes for $5 and resell them here for $10.....yeah, I got one.

58 Yeoman

My first wife and I bought knock-off Rolex's years ago for $50 each.  We quit wearing them when we decided it wasn't worth getting mugged for $50 watches.  LOL. :shock:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

rooster

I guess the sign means no left turn! :shock:

Have a good time Joe!

purplepickup

Joe, it sounds like they shut down the local to you operations and moved production to China.  If you go over there to help them get on track could there be any disgruntled ex-workers that might cause some problems for you or your family?

Good one Rooster.  I've used that road name to describe some of our pothole filled roads around here. :lol:
George

phat46

Quote from: "purplepickup"Joe, it sounds like they shut down the local to you operations and moved production to China.  If you go over there to help them get on track could there be any disgruntled ex-workers that might cause some problems for you or your family?

Good one Rooster.  I've used that road name to describe some of our pothole filled roads around here. :lol:

George, the China plant was actually open before we stopped production here, we had to open a couple shops in Mexico first to stay competitive before that. NAFTA  is what screwed us. We could see the writing on the wall for a few years before we closed, the only thing that kept us open the last several years was that G. M. Had a few smart engineers that required their dies to be made in our plant due to quality issues elsewhere. I was the quality inspector at that point so I had to make sure things were correct. I know their are no disgruntled employees that would harbor any ill will towards me.

wayne petty

on the nafta deal..

wow.. bush 41 left NAFTA  on his desk at the end of his first term that clinton was required to sign..  it was fully  passed by both houses.  the companies around so cal gave their workers 2 weeks of paid vacation.. when they came back.. the factories were empty.. it had all been shipped to mexico.. when bush 43 signed the permanent most favored nation status with china . the manufacturers in mexico gave their employees 2 weeks off with pay. they returned to empty factories also.  vincenty fox who was president of mexico at the time was fit to be tied.. went on TV asking what happened bush..  we had a deal.. you supply jobs and i supply cheep labor.. i did not figure that vicenty fox speech made it that far north.

and now you know another reason i passed on the china job offer..

but you already realized that..

jaybee

My Dad is no bleeding heart, a lifelong Republican from a Republican family, but he saw where this was going over 20 years go. Recognizing that the end result would be to drain "good jobs" out of this country he would say "what's going to happen when NO ONE has any money?"
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)