Just in case

Started by enjenjo, April 05, 2013, 11:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

well, if it makes you old farts feel better, i go in tuesday to have my rt foot cut on....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

choco

I had a total knee replacement about a year ago (old baseball injury, I was a catcher). Brand new titanium knee, agonising rehab (I have a high tolerance to any pain killers ending in "ain") but now it's all good.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Frank Choco Munday, Technical Author
Hot Rod Handbooks
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Rrumbler

Sorry you're feeling punk, Frank.  No offense intended to any of you suffering from the 'Itis" and all their kin, but when I read the title of this, all I could manage was a snort - as in: YEP!!!  Any day I can get vertical is a good one; it may not last very long, but it's ok, just the same.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

BFS57

Hello;
3 years ago, had my right hip replaced due to RA! Everything was wonderful till a couple months ago, was lifting a speaker to put on a stand (at work) and my right rotator cuff completely separated from it's mooring above my right shoulder.
March 4th had surgery to repair this ugly situation and now with therapy am recovering OK for now but I don't  know what my future holds.
Thank God it was a work related injury. So far, partial pay and such I am doing ok but really feel the "retirement" bug. If I could find another kind of job I could do, I would do it in an instant!
Also, about my shoulder, I wouldn't of had the recovery I am enjoying if it weren't for the Ice Therapy machine I got! It has a pad you wear over the effected area, plugs into a small Ice water cooler with a pump and believe me this baby will freeze you out! Really takes care of the pain in as little as 20 minutes!!

Bruce

Beck

Quote from: "tomslik"well, if it makes you old farts feel better, i go in tuesday to have my rt foot cut on....
Maybe we will have matching scars?
My recovery is going well, which makes me over do things. My foot is in a plaster splint since my 3-29 surgery. I"ve been using a wheelchair in the house but have been "getting out" with crutches.. I have the plaster splint pretty much trashed. It is broken in at least 4 places. It's getting a little flimsy. The Dr won't be happy Tue. No pain so all is well I hope.  
The hernea repair left me with a 20# limit. I put a couple of 50# parts into the pu truck yesterday. I'm gonna pay someday.

Harry

I had my pelvis broken twice. Still works good.
No arthritis...yet.
But GOUT in my left toe. It's only a small thing compared to hip and knee replacement, but it sure is a pain some times.
I'm now taking allopurinol for the gout.

Carnut

Gee, you guys are making me glad to be me.  

I've just got a torn miniscus in left knee and recovering from a broken right wrist in addition to diabetes.

So far none of that has kept me from going country dancing on weekends for the exercise. I guess occasionally my hips remind me of my age after dancing a bit, but so far so good.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"well, if it makes you old farts feel better, i go in tuesday to have my rt foot cut on....

Hope the surgery goes well and helps you get back into your dancing form
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)