Tail light question

Started by msuguydon, June 30, 2008, 10:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Quote(until the subject of sheep and rubber boots comes up)

Sheep & rubber boots :?:  :shock:  :shock:  HERE :?:  :shock:  On the RRT :?:  :shock:

Gee mister,tell me it ain't so  :!:  :!:  :lol:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"

Sheep & rubber boots :?:  :shock:  :shock:  HERE :?:  :shock:  On the RRT :?:  :shock:

Gee mister,tell me it ain't so  :!:  :!:  :lol:

Bob..... :wink:

Sorry if we offended you Joe, its all in fun. :(

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

enjenjo

At the headlight switch, the tail lights, and dash lights have the same power source. So if the dash lights work, the switch should be good.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Sheep & rubber boots :?:  :shock:  :shock:  HERE :?:  :shock:  On the RRT :?:  :shock: Gee mister,tell me it ain't so  :!:  :!:  :lol: Bob..... :wink:
Sorry if we offended you Joe, its all in fun. :( Vance
I'm not offended and I know it's all in fun. With my TBI it's hard for me to follow more than one subject at a time. I'm not complaining, I'm just mentioning where I stop learning anything about the subject.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Sheep & rubber boots :?:  :shock:  :shock:  HERE :?:  :shock:  On the RRT :?:  :shock: Gee mister,tell me it ain't so  :!:  :!:  :lol: Bob..... :wink:
Sorry if we offended you Joe, its all in fun. :( Vance
I'm not offended and I know it's all in fun. With my TBI it's hard for me to follow more than one subject at a time. I'm not complaining, I'm just mentioning where I stop learning anything about the subject.

Your one up on me Joe......I stop learnin' waaay before then :shock:  :lol:  :oops:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

38HAULR

Grab the tail light wire at the rear lights,identify it.  Then break into the rear loom at the front of the vehicle ,most likely behind your front kick panel where it feeds down to the inner rocker panel, get the identified wire and strip some insulation from it and apply some power,either from a batt charger or some other supply, if  your tail lights  light up ,your search is narrowed........Frank.

msuguydon

WELL  we got it fixed.....  with the help of a non Team Smart member I trouble shot the circuit and discovered a bad head light switch... here is the kicker... the head light switch is a Chrysler product.. how the hell a Chrysler head light switch got in a 58 Chevy.. I will never know...

Here is my lesson.. if the running lights.. front and rear do not work, it is most likely the switch.   He showed me how to jumper around the switch and Walla... lights...

So its off to the parts store to buy a new switch.. problem solved.. but I still have  Mopar head light switch... does that make my car go faster.. Mopar head light switch..  :D

I had a good car day today!   );b(
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

phat rat

Wow the door and lights both fixed in the same day.  :D Did you take your wife out to celebrate the occasion? :wink:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

msuguydon

Quote from: "phat rat"Wow the door and lights both fixed in the same day.  :D Did you take your wife out to celebrate the occasion? :wink:

As soon as she gets home from work, someone has to support my bad habits...  :D
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart