Introduction and Question

Started by 393Bird, August 11, 2008, 02:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnut

Quote from: "393Bird"WOW, the photographer him self. :)

Any details? Looks like a Ky club tag on the front, and could be a KY tag "Rays48" on the back?

Ah, yeah, I've taken a few pics thru the years and posted them on my website.

Sorry have no info on the car other than when and where I took the pics in the post above.

papastoyss

Quote from: "Carnut"Bout all I can say about that car is I took the pic at the Louisville NSRA back in 2001.I can't quite make it out, but if the club plaque says River Tin Street Rods I've seen that car & It's pretty nice.

Looks like it came back again in 2002.

Then this one showed up in OKC NSRA in 2002

and this one showed up at Springfield NSRA 2002

Heh, heh, there may have been later appearances of these cars,
but they may not have caught the interest of my current photogs
like they did mind.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

papastoyss

Any details? Looks like a Ky club tag on the front, and could be a KY tag "Rays48" on the back?
Hey 393 Bird, where are you in Tn? I'm in Lebanon,east of Nashville. Welcome to the RRT.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

393Bird

Quote from: "papastoyss"

Hey 393 Bird, where are you in Tn? I'm in Lebanon,east of Nashville. Welcome to the RRT.

I am in Clarksville. Retired from the Army.

Thanks for the Welcome guys.

If I was 10 years younger, I would do one of these, and also chop the top a few inches, and maybe even cut a slice from the rear doors to make a coupe. That my make it too much into a cookie cutter car. I like to do things a little different . I do not have the equipment or space for something that big now, and not the cash to get it done.  Heck, it took 5 years to do the Bird, and it is not near as drastic.
1993 Thunderbird
393 Stroker with a Vortect YSi. 825 RWHP

http://members.tccoa.com/392bird/

Mac

Welcome to the board Bruce. I like your taste in Furrin Odd Rods. I'm building a `54 Jag Mk7 sedan mild custom.

Ironically, I'm using a `95 T-Bird 8.8 IRS under the back end with air ride.
My guess is that you yanked that out of your Bird in  favor of a 9" with that kind of RWHP  :shock:

I always thought the Citroen would make a cool rod, too. When I watch old movies I scan for Traction Avants and 40's Mercedes thinking what neat rod material they'd make.
Who\'s yer Data?

UGLY OLDS

Hey Bruce.....Here's a good place to start :   :idea:

River Tin Street Rods             Paducah, KY
Club type - Street Rods, Pre 1948 Only. Must own, building or have intrest in Street Rods. Club dues are $20 per year.

Call: (270) 554-2975

Got it off the google ......

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

393Bird

Thanks, I will give them a ring tomorrow.
1993 Thunderbird
393 Stroker with a Vortect YSi. 825 RWHP

http://members.tccoa.com/392bird/