Curious...

Started by chopshopcustoms, August 07, 2008, 07:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMSjunkie

Paramedic / Respiratory Therapist by training and trade.
shade tree hack by choice. 8)  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Carnut

I started life as an apprentice mechanic, I was literally a 'Milner', with coupe and all.

Uncle Sam provided me a with the ability to get a college education.
With diploma in hand I managed a few jobs as an engineer and as soon as I got my hands on a keypunch machine, I became a computer guy.

Retired in 2002 as a gift of mother Boeing, I've been a life long shadetree mechanic and can never claim to have been a builder or craftsman of any sort.  

Cars have been my lifelong hobby since childhood and home computers kinda superseded cars as my main hobby after buying my first AppleII.

I frequently refer to myself as the 'worlds greatest underachiever'.

reborn55

I have a degree in Vocational Educational Studeis for what it is worth.  Been working on Ambulances for the last 21 years--6.5 years to go before retirement.  Turn a wrench on the side to support the cars I buy and bug you guys in trying to make them meet my standards I require.  Sure is fun--but it helps and doesn't touch the family budget money.  Later

UGLY OLDS

As Vance & Frank & a few others can attest, I'm just a bald old guy that sits in the corner & fixes things... :roll: :?   I really look forward to "medicine time" each day..It makes it all worthwhile...... 8)

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Charlie Chops 1940

Been at this deal for something like 50 years. Picked up a few skill sets along the way. Built a number of cars, mostly for myself, and a few for others. I'm a detail oriented perfectionist - takes me a long time to build stuff.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

river1

here is the post enjenjo was talking about

http://www.roddingroundtable.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=122&highlight=mind+boggling

i'm still a newspaper pressman :cry:  tho hoping for freedom to come my way.
still a home garage hack that needs to get his * out to the garage and get something done.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

phat rat

Shade tree here. Been involved in too many other hobbies over the years to be a pro at it. But I do enjoy having something to occupy my retirement time along with the parts hunting and selling
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Normspeed

Strictly home hobbyist here.  I do all the work on my 3 cars and motorcycle.  I worked as a gas station mechanic in my youth and had an older brother who spent his career in Ford dealership shops and taught me a lot.  I'm pretty good with the mechanical stuff and know how to use reference books, but never learned welding or paint/bodywork.  That may change.  I'm exactly 5 days from retirement.

phat46

I'm neither......I'm retired    :D  :lol:  :D  :roll:

rumrumm

Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

kb426

I thought about this for awhile, wondering if I should have a really good answer. Too much work. I worked as a mechanic when I was real young. I spent 10 years in the industrial environment doing everything from electrical to r&d. I drag raced for 20 years and built my own dragsters as well as many cars for others. The hot rod hobby is just for myself and select friends. I'm not enough of a businessman to do this everyday at this point. I have a few years to go on retirement but don't have any good plans yet. I'd like to be Frank but where I live, there's no population. There may not be enough work to accomplish that idea.
TEAM SMART

Ohio Blue Tip

Retired from engineering for a defense contractor.  Was a toolmaker and many other jobs along the way.  Been playing with cars all my life, mostly build my own stuff, help my friends and occausanly and do some wiring jobs.  Not expert in anything but will attempt anything and keep at it until exceptable.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken