First day of top chop

Started by Fuzzy, February 24, 2008, 09:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Did you get the whole top? If so the parts you need might be there. The headliner is glued to a metal strip that runs from just behind one rear side window across, under the back window, to the other side. Then there are small bows which run from the side window to the rear window and the headliner tucks under the rubber seal. When are you planning on having it done and upholstered? If not right away I could stop by sometime with the cpe and you could see how that was done
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Fuzzy

I got the whole rear half.I'll check it out after work tomorrow and see what's there.I'll have to check yours out ,thanks. Fuzzy
No billet for this kid!

phat rat

Or if you're going to be up this way before I get the cpe out for the summer stop by and look. If you know where Tractor Supply (old Farm and Fleet) is I'm only 4 mi west
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

papastoyss

We just finished upholstery on my 47 Ford coupe. I left the back window out & the trimmer glued the headliner into the pinchweld around the opening & then we installed the window and seal.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Fuzzy

Quote from: "papastoyss"We just finished upholstery on my 47 Ford coupe. I left the back window out & the trimmer glued the headliner into the pinchweld around the opening & then we installed the window and seal.

Thanks,that sounds like a good idea too.

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!