well I painted the willys this weekend

Started by dragrcr50, January 27, 2008, 11:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

Henry went to the blaster yesterday and came back naked.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

dragrcr50

i reckon it should be painted by saturday john?  looks good... I guess you already painted inside and the frame...?
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "dragrcr50"i reckon it should be painted by saturday john?  looks good... I guess you already painted inside and the frame...?

I plan to primer it with Rust Defender on Sunday and then I will start the bondo.  The doors and rear quarters are filled and ready to be primed also.  Since my whole shop is my paint booth, I have to wait for a nice enough day to put the other project car outside while I paint.  Weather looks good for Sunday.  Snowing heavy here now.  Snow plow had to make two tries at the hill in front of my house.

I do not want to say the car is rough but it looks like somebody must have hit it with a hammer at least once a day for the last 50 years.

Hooley and I are going to the Wichita swap meet Saturday.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

A few years ago there was an auction in my town that had a Henry from a weed row. One of my friends commented how the lower 1/3 of the car was missing. This car belonged to my brother's friend who drove it in 1966 to high school. Had a Olds V8 and a Cad-Lasalle trans. They had alot of fun in that car. I still want one but not bad enough to start with a rust bucket.
TEAM SMART

48builder

Quote from: "dragrcr50"I painted the car this weekend, semi gloss acrylic enamel, a big red stripe will go on in a day or so.  .....

Oh, man, I love that car. I'm keeping my eyes open for an early 50's 2-door. I'll add that model to my list. Good job with the paint!

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

dragrcr50

Quote from: "kb426"A few years ago there was an auction in my town that had a Henry from a weed row. One of my friends commented how the lower 1/3 of the car was missing. This car belonged to my brother's friend who drove it in 1966 to high school. Had a Olds V8 and a Cad-Lasalle trans. They had alot of fun in that car. I still want one but not bad enough to start with a rust bucket.

I know of a 53 henry J about 8 miles south of topeka?  can be bought for about 800 dollars i hear...
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,