well I painted the willys this weekend

Started by dragrcr50, January 27, 2008, 11:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragrcr50

I painted the car this weekend, semi gloss acrylic enamel, a big red stripe will go on in a day or so.  now I can assemble  for the last time, started it nov 1st and hope to run it in late february ... not bad for an old bastard.........
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

1FATGMC

Very nice Sam, you old bastard you   8) .  You going to keep it long enough for me to see it when I come through in May??

Sum

dragrcr50

Quote from: "1FATGMC"Very nice Sam, you old bastard you   8) .  You going to keep it long enough for me to see it when I come through in May??

Sum
you bet, I have it and a nova and a good driver for the nova so ill be racing this one, should shake it down in march, lookin for a mid tens  for it. and the nova.
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

WZ JUNK

I am taking the main body of Hooley's Henry J to the sandblaster tomorrow.  I have most of the rest of the car roughed in.  Later in the week I will start on the body and finish it first so that he can start reassembling the car.  I have had to make a lot of pieces.

I told Hooley Saturday that it would have been a lot easier to have built these gassers when the cars were only 10 to 15 years old.  The years have not been good to this one.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

purplepickup

Sam, for an old fart you sure do turn out some fine cars.  Looks great. );b(

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I told Hooley Saturday that it would have been a lot easier to have built these gassers when the cars were only 10 to 15 years old.  The years have not been good to this one.
John
Hmmm...10 - 15 years old....a 93 Aerostar.....a '89 Geo Metro.....maybe a '95 Lesabre.....Gassers?...Nawww!

Hooley's Henry J will be worth it.  Just make sure you put enough hardener in the Bondo....that alcohol motor should make it a real twister. 8)

Maybe Hooley and Sam should have a match race :D
George

Charlie Chops 1940

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

slocrow

Quote from: "dragrcr50"I painted the car this weekend, semi gloss acrylic enamel, a big red stripe will go on in a day or so.  now I can assemble  for the last time, started it nov 1st and hope to run it in late february ... not bad for an old bastard.........

Not bad at all, OB............. :wink:
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

donsrods

That paint job looks really good.  I've got a '39 Dodge pickup I want to do in semi gloss, whose paint did you use?

Don

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "purplepickup"Sam, for an old fart you sure do turn out some fine cars.  Looks great. );b(

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I told Hooley Saturday that it would have been a lot easier to have built these gassers when the cars were only 10 to 15 years old.  The years have not been good to this one.
John
Hmmm...10 - 15 years old....a 93 Aerostar.....a '89 Geo Metro.....maybe a '95 Lesabre.....Gassers?...Nawww!

Hooley's Henry J will be worth it.  Just make sure you put enough hardener in the Bondo....that alcohol motor should make it a real twister. 8)

I will pull the front clip in the morning and take the Henry to the blaster.  

We will start talking trash about the big match race in about a month.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

msuguydon

Quote from: "dragrcr50"I painted the car this weekend, semi gloss acrylic enamel, a big red stripe will go on in a day or so.  now I can assemble  for the last time, started it nov 1st and hope to run it in late february ... not bad for an old bastard.........

What year and model is your willys?
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

enjenjo

One of my buddies in high school had a 52 Willys with a 301 in it. It was quick.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

dragrcr50

Quote from: "msuguydon"

What year and model is your willys?

its a 52 aero lark sedan

dragrcr50

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
Quote from: "purplepickup"Sam, for an old fart you sure do turn out some fine cars.  Looks great. );b(

John

I will pull the front clip in the morning and take the Henry to the blaster.  

We will start talking trash about the big match race in about a month.

John
i think we will run each other several times this summer with our gasser series schedule at tvrp and tulsa raceway.  

joun i need you to make me a couple of tail light lenses out of fiberglass. i can send one to you ????? cant buy any anywhere that i have been able to find and i onloy have one and it is reall ugly..

WZ JUNK

joun i need you to make me a couple of tail light lenses out of fiberglass. i can send one to you ????? cant buy any anywhere that i have been able to find and i onloy have one and it is reall ugly..[/quote]

Send it to me.  I will PM you my mailing address.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

dragrcr50

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"joun i need you to make me a couple of tail light lenses out of fiberglass. i can send one to you ????? cant buy any anywhere that i have been able to find and i onloy have one and it is reall ugly..

Send it to me.  I will PM you my mailing address.

John[/quote]  thanks ill do..........   :D