You gotta love it when...

Started by DRD57, May 15, 2004, 09:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C9

Quote from: "Crosley"C9........ are you saying the action is scripted on Boyds show??

Sure looks that way to me . . . you'd think they would have bought more than script instead of using the same one all the time.

I watched the show last night and they had some interesting - and too short - segments on the building end of it.

QuoteI really liked the guy's comment on how some cars are real pretty but drive like s**t  because the chassis is poorly built

The chassis and a good running gear selection goes a long way toward making them drive well.
The Deuce Factory frame under my 32 as well as some tinkering after the car was up and running makes the 32 a very nice driver.
I use it almost every day and it's a dependable little car.

I paid a lot of attention to the 32 frame under the 31 and it should be a good driver as well.
I know the frame will be stiff and strong - the 32 has a couple of extra crossmembers in it and there's not much body shifting etc. when entering a steep driveway at an angle - the 31 is similarly done with an additional crossmember over the 32.
I'm thinking very seriously about adding a cowl roll bar - for want of a better name - to the 31 to get away from typical 'roadster' cowl shake when hitting some bumps in the road.  I've seen a few of these done where a 1 5/8 - 1 3/4" tube fits very close up under the cowl and is tied to the firewall.  Owners - who've owned other roadsters in the past - report the cowl roll bar works well and makes the car very stiff.

A roll bar very much like the 32 has (four point - 2 1/2" x .120 wall tube) goes in the 31 and that adds to frame stiffness.
Always a help with a big torquey engine.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.