Toys Be Me

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, July 30, 2007, 10:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Charlie,  you might think about doing the roadster tie downs like I did the big eyebolts in my swap trailer. I welded a piece of 2X2X1/4 angle onto the crossmembers and put the eyebolts though that
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

moparrodder

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Bill,

Maybe get a picture or two?

Charlie

Charlie,  Sorry for taking so long to get the pics, here are three I took Saturday night as soon as he got to the track.  Rod mounted them just inside the tires and uses a ratchet strap looped over the rear axels hooked to a ring attachment to the E track that is moveable for whatever wheelbase car you want to haul.  Sorry for getting Rods backside in the pic but he was late getting to the track and was just getting his car unloaded.

Rod said they are easy to install, just make sure you get the back bolts in the very back cross members and then find the other cross members going forwardand use bolts and then just fill in the other mounting holes with heavy duty screws.  Speedway has the tracks in vertical and horizontal in 3,5,and 7 foot lengths  and tie off adaptors rated at 3500 lbs each, they also have the tie down straps in any configuring you want.

Hope this helps, if ya need any more info just give me a shout.

Bill

Charlie Chops 1940

Thanks Bill,

I see this stuff on eBay and elsewhere. Will take a look in Speedway's catalog too.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Charlie Chops 1940

A little update on the swap meet trailer.

Instead of routing out a 1/4" deep slot for the e-track in my 3/4" floor I decided to attach it directly and build up the floor to match. I added 1/4" OSB and then commercial grade tile that's 1/8" thick. Need to apply adhesive as opposed to using the thin self stick tile (which doesn't want to stay stuck to the ramp). Takes awhile as tiles need to be cut for all the edges. Took a couple afternoons to do what you see on the tile work.

Also made up the 2'X7' plywood dividers that also double as display tables. Really does a good job in keeping the boxes, etc from running all over the deck.

Working on getting the brake controller wired in, then the load bars and sway control stuff attached and the trailer loaded for its first hauling job to Kalamazoo this Thursday.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

Dave

Good thing your not working cause work would cut into your free time..  Yup im jealous.. Looks nice Charlie.. See ya this weekend
Dave :arrow:  :wink:

Hooley

Charlie, That is a neat trailer. Just love the color.  Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"

Charlie Chops 1940

Yeah, that cooler is cool. I did it for you Hooley (that's suck up for more orange shirts).

A little report on the first trailer outing to K-zoo is in order. Phat Rat gave me some help with figuring out the Reese load bar stuff, so the trailer followed me down the road with excellent manners.

I hadn't towed a tandem axle trailer any distance in many years so I sorta felt it out on the way dow, running 65 or so without cruise control. Got 12.2 mpg on that. Not too bad I thought.

On the way back I ran about half the distance at 63 on cruise and the balance at various speed up to 55 on two lane without cruise. The yield on that leg was 14.7 mpg. I think the cruise is better than my foot at extracting the best conditions and the sweet spot probably isn't 65, but it will take some more trips to get it figured out. These figures are from the on board computer and I have found them to be a tenth or so high.

Still not bad.

Charlie

A Hooligan!

Crosley.In.AZ

kool....

keep looking for that package from AZ.. should be there on tuesday.

I taped an envelope to the belly pan.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)