2007 HOT ROD Power Tour Schedule

Started by alchevy, October 01, 2006, 05:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"Will you be making the run?  Jonesboro is on the secret short cut back to Michigan.  I know a place where you can get a free lunch.

Thanks for the offer sweetie but I have to pass for this year.  I only get two weeks vacation time this year and I'm using it for Speed Week at B'ville.

Next year....THREE full weeks of paid vacation time will be coming my way!! 8)
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

alchevy

In 2003, when the power tour came through my neck of the woods, several of us were asked to come help out with stuffing goody bags and with registration. Even though we were volunteers, they "paid" us with allowing us to show our cars for free and we got to take home some nice goody bags. Didn't mind it. Made the video that year.

That was in Jackson, MS and it was the first time for such an event to come through the area. Got to use the fairgrounds in a big way. The parking lot. We have car shows inside the buildings reguarly, but this was the first time that we had seen a car show event in the parking lot. Had about 2,000 cars there for the day.

What was good was to see cars in the magazines actually out cruisin' the streets.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Leon

Since time is getting short, I thought I'd bring this back up.  Any more planning on hitting the tour this year?  I've got the 54 almost ready, still have a few small bugs to work out.  The teardrop is packed and ready to hitch up.  Pulling out of California on Thursday the 24th.  We're planning on hitting two car shows in the Milliken, CO area next Sat on the way across the country.  We get to see Denise again, that will be the second time this year and Bonneville will make 3.  She's going to get tired of seeing us :lol:

48ford

Pack rod,
They are taking you down rt.2 from Cleveland to Toledo.
It is a good road but the Edison bay bridge is under construction,but traffic is maintained,be carefull.
Rt 2 west of port clinton turns into a 2 lane dog and pony show,lots of traffic and when you get close to the nuke. power plant(you will see the cooling tower) there is more road construction.again be carefull.
When you are comming into Toledo(oregon/northwood) it goes back to 4 lane,you will pass a ford dealer,get into the right hand lane,the turn onto I 280 is just past a traffic light,It's a sharp turn watch for it.If you miss it you have to turn around and come back(navare ave turns back into a little 2 lane that runs by a refinery)
I 280 is all tore up and is 35 MPH,but they maintain 2 lanes fo traffic,and its not bad at all,when you come out of the construction on 280 to blenns into I 75.get into the center lane as the right lane ends. the speed limit is 60 and they use air planes in this section.when you get to michigen its 70 mph.
They are taking you to a state park in Monroe,when you get out of the park they ar taking you down elm st. in Monroe,you don't want to do this!
Come back south on I 75 to exit 11,head west when you cross the RR tracks Albon road comes in off the left at a 45 angle. Stay on Albon till you get to Raisinville rd(fair grounds& collage) turn right(north) and back to M50,turn left on 50 and run into Dundee and stop at cabellas and drop some money.
I hope this helps and saves you some traffic jams.
Elm street in Monroe is full of stop lights,and its only 2 lane and it's a parking lot on a good day.I can't believe they are taking that road.
Russ

58 Yeoman

The tour is going to be comine within 5 blocks of my house, but I may not be able to get off work to watch it.  I've been off work because of knee surgery, and I may be going back to work on June 4th, and they come through Spring Valley on the 5th.

There will be a change on the route where they are supposed to come off I39 at LaSalle, and take Rt. 6 through LaSalle, Peru and Spring Valley.  Just about a mile west of I39, there are two bridges that are scheduled to be removed during that time. (This has all be relayed to me from the man in charge for this leg of the tour, Choo Choo Charlie).  It was suggested to go from I39 to I80 to Rt. 351, then south into LaSalle; construction on that street is still going on for the third year in a row.  Third choice was taking I80 west to Rt. 251, then south into Peru, bypassing LaSalle; too many stoplights before getting to Rt. 6.

Fourth choice was another 2 miles west on I80 to Plank Road, but the frontage road isn't in the best of shape.  If they can't take Plank Road into Peru, for whatever reason, the last choice is another few miles west on I80 to exit 70, Rt. 89, then south into Spring Valley, and on to Metamora.  I think that final alternative would be to stay on I39 and skip the Illinois Valley completely, but I haven't heard if that'll happen yet.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Leon

I wasn't planning on hitting the driver's meetings a couple of the days, so this info is very helpful.  When they take us through the small towns it can turn into a very large parking lot!

HotRodLadyCrusr

I do plan on meeting up with the tour on Sunday in Kzoo.  I talked to Charles on the phone the other nite and I just can't pass up the opportunity to see him even if I have to drive 2 hours each way.  I'm hoping George will come out to the fairgrounds as well since he's so close.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

alchevy

A friend of mine, Larry Crain, from South Louisiana is getting together a group coming up I-55 to meet up with the Power Tour in Memphis, TN. Here's the info from him:

"Please email to all fellow hot rodders & street rodders that I'm trying to get a caravan of cars headed up to Memphis on June 7 to tie in with the Hot Rod Power Tour group at the Memphis Motorsports Park. Our starting point June 7 at 7:00 a.m. is in McComb @ the Edgewood Mall located at the Smithdale exit @ Interstate 55, Our next stop will be at 9:00 a.m. at the Canton exit truck stop located on the west side of Interstate 55, next stop will be at 11:00 a.m. in Winona at the McDonalds (early lunch & gas stop) on the east side of Interstate 55, last stop will be in Batesville at the Cracker Barrel Restaraunt parking lot west side of Interstate 55. Even with delays this should put us at the race track close to the same time as the Hot Rod Power Tour rolls in after leaving from Evansville, IN that morning. Anyone interested can email RodzRus@aol.com or call my cell 225-278-7588."
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com