Just saying hi with some pics of the new car

Started by Roadstar, May 19, 2007, 09:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Roadstar"Hairpins are SO-Cal Speed shop. They are 32" from the center of the front clevis bolt to the center of the frame mounting bolt.

I think they are just right in length, I know they are longer than the ones that TCI sells, those look too short when I see them.

The Speedway ones I have seen are 27" or they sell a Curtis style hairpin  that is 36" but it is a paralell bar design.

Thanks...I have the 27" Speedway set & they look a little "short" ...I may have to reconsider that part of the car...BV
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Deuce

Too bad it is not finished ... you could drive it down and join it the FUN ...

RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

Roadstar

Hey Randy, yeah after reading about that last year I thought it would be a way cool event,, I am so tired of the big events anymore.

Maybe next year. YOU have fun and make sure you share some pic here with us.

C9

Lookin good.

I especially like the belled frame holes.

I just finished a body rack so I have somewhere to store the body on my 31.
It comes off next week so I can do some plumbing and wiring.

How did you do the bell?
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Roadstar

Quote from: "C9"Lookin good.

I especially like the belled frame holes.

How did you do the bell?

Boxing plates are from Ionia Rod shop, Denny and Matt, two if the best chassis builders in the midwest if not the best in the land.

They are done in a press with a form they made,,, really nicely done too, and they will sell sections or the whole one piece rail boxing piece.

Rochie

Hey Rudy,

that is looking really good.  Race like it???  I wish I could get more time on mine.
Wayne

Roadstar

Hey Wayne, oh yes Race loved it, the chassis was his to start with, I bought all the stuff he had before he went to Denver to work for Gennie Shifter.

I was wondering how your project was coming, glad to her from you man.

KustomLincolnLady

:shock:   wow!!!!  you are such a show off!!!!!  I love it, when rob comes in from mowing I'll show it to him.  :lol:

Hope to see you in 2 weeks at billetproof???  

Wait till I tell you about robs surprise  :wink: I got for him, or should say were working on getting, he knows told him last week, had it all set up  :lol:   It got the biggest reaction from him in the 32 1/2 yrs we've been married!! LOL

Debb

Rayvyn

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"
  It got the biggest reaction from him in the 32 1/2 yrs we've been married!! LOL

Debb

Married 32 1/2 years to ya huh...??
It's no wonder the last time I saw him he had those sagging shoulders, creaky back, and those sunken eyes with the "thousand yard" stare... :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :lol:

Just keepin' your spirits up... :D

Hey Rudy, any idea what the final look will be? Voodoo style (flat black w/stripes) or something shiny?
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Dave

Wait till I tell you about robs surprise  :wink: I got for him, or should say were working on getting, he knows told him last week, had it all set up  :lol:   It got the biggest reaction from him in the 32 1/2 yrs we've been married!! LOL

Debb[/quote]

I know what it is..... :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Im not gonna tell though. Rob is a lucky guy...
Dave :arrow:  :wink:  :arrow: