almost done

Started by phat rat, April 03, 2007, 07:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Quote from: "Harry"I have a 16' trailer that I would like to move the axles toward the rear.
Right now they are in the centre of the trailer.
Can you tell me if there is a formula as to how far back they can go?
I have heard, one inch per foot of trailer.
On a 16' trailer, that would be 16"
Does that sound right?
Thanks for any help.

Yes it's one inch per foot. So on your 16" the center of the two axles should be 16" behind the center of the bed. That would be 112" from the front to the center
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

40 Chev

I want to be clear on this as I've heard several discussions on this, are you talking about the center of the trailer including the tongue or just the center of the bed and I assume in a two axle setup you are talking about the center of the first axle the second axle would be behind that?

phat rat

Quote from: "40 Chev"I want to be clear on this as I've heard several discussions on this, are you talking about the center of the trailer including the tongue or just the center of the bed and I assume in a two axle setup you are talking about the center of the first axle the second axle would be behind that?

It's measurement of the bed only, center of the bed, center of the two axles. Center of the two axles is the pivot point where the front and rear springs come together

Harry

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "40 Chev"I want to be clear on this as I've heard several discussions on this, are you talking about the center of the trailer including the tongue or just the center of the bed and I assume in a two axle setup you are talking about the center of the first axle the second axle would be behind that?

It's measurement of the bed only, center of the bed, center of the two axles. Center of the two axles is the pivot point where the front and rear springs come together

Good information.
Thank you,
Harry

enjenjo

I had a trailer that I shared with one buddy. If anyone asked, he would tell them it was mine, and they would have to ask me. And I did just the opposite. :lol:

He finally broke the trailer in two loading two cars on it at the same time. So when I fixed it, I stretched it to 18 ft. Several years later, he broke it again, hauling 8 30 ft telephone poles. So we fixed it again, stretching again to 20 ft. Shortly after that we sold it to a landscaper. That's when I built the one I have now. I don't lend it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

KustomLincolnLady

:shock:  Trailer Queen!!!!! LOL
 :roll:  :twisted:

J/K  looks great

phat rat

I'll figure that's a compliment for the trailer. You'll never see the cpe on it, unless it's broke