RRT support auction - McMaster Carr catalog

Started by purplepickup, January 16, 2006, 07:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Land Yacht

Whatever you think George on that, I'll go with it.
1965 Impala SS 283/250 -sold- :(
1977 Chevy Caprice -totaled 2005 :(

1999 Chevy S-10 ZR2  Bacon Getter

purplepickup

In the interest of keeping everything open and fair, I'm just going to go with bids here on this thread.  

The current high bidder for this handy dandy catalog is Land Yacht at $50. :D

George
George

GPster

Quote from: "purplepickup"I've had someone contact me who has offered to bid $75 but would like to keep their name anonymous.  I'm not sure if it would be ethical to accept the bid or not.  Yay? ~:)  or Nay? :(U)
Sell him yours and keep the biding open for the original one. If you need to check one Frank has an old one. GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "purplepickup"I've had someone contact me who has offered to bid $75 but would like to keep their name anonymous.  I'm not sure if it would be ethical to accept the bid or not.  I don't want anyone thinking I'm just trying to bump the bid.  One solution I can see is to accept the bid and reveal the name of that person to the current bidders if they request it and go on from there if that's ok with everyone.  I just want to be fair.  If anyone, including the anonymous bidder, doesn't feel comfortable with this we will leave the bidding where it is, with Land Yacht as the high bidder as of now, at $50.

Yay? ~:)  or Nay? :(U)

I took a private bid on my auction last year.... sorta set a precedent

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

Congratulations Land Yacht you are the winner. 8)   You will enjoy the catalog and thank you for supporting the RRT.    It was fun. :D

If you want to PM your address to me I'll ship the catalog out as soon as Frank gets your donation.

Thanks again,
George
George