Kustoms of America , Rocks!!!!!!!!

Started by KustomLincolnLady, December 12, 2005, 12:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"Its all pretty cool, except the flying part, neither of us flies   :cry:  :roll:

Debb

Don't worry Deb, I'm sure they'll include an aeroplane to help you with the flying bit.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"
Quote from: "enjenjo"congratualations! So why don't you fly?

it scares the crap out of me, I had to fly 4 times at my other job. I am so afraid the planes going to break down and fall out of the sky  :roll:  they gave me drugs to calm me.
Rob has never flown and I know hes not looking forward to it at all, Im not sure what his reason is.

hey Deb, if it makes you feel any better, I can't bare to stand on a table or even the first step of a stepladder to change a lightbulb, but I've clocked up a couple million miles at 35,000 feet and nowadays flying somewhere is more natural than catching a bus.

QuoteI know i've heard all the facts about getting killed in a car, but lets face it, at least its not falling outta the sky !!!!  :oops:
Your're much less likely to suffer if the aircaraft falls out of the sky, like you might in a car accident and the likelihood of it happening are a long way diffferent too.  Air travel is still safer than walking down the street and you'll get to more places and make more friends by flying.

The most nerve wracking part for most agrophobics is take off and landing, I used to read a book or just lean back in the seat and shut my eyes, nowadays i enjoy the view looking out the window.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Slick 50

There's a sign in the Fairbanks, AK airport that says "Flying is man's second greatest thrill. Landing is the first!"

I feel pretty sure that is in reference to the bush pilots, more so than modern jetliners, but the thought is the same.

My son, Chris, is the head chef at Chez Nous in SF. If you have the time for a bite to eat there say hi and introduce yourselves to him. He'll fill you in on all eateries.

Also, as has already been mentioned, if you've never been to a redwood forest, Muir woods is only a few minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge and WELL worth a visit. There's no other place like the redwood forests. Enjoy the trip!
Ken    8)
aka Slick 50

BFS57

Hello;
Just remember, there are better mechanics (technicians) working on the jet liners than you will ever know! Yeah, accidents happen but they can happen right in your own house!
I have flown 4 time to the Philippines. It's about a 32 hour flight! It's usually pretty good. Food stinks so we bring some of our own and share with some other people that do the same. Just take the opportunity and make some new friends!
Don't forget as mentioned previously, San Francisco has some of the best restaurants and just plain food around! We always go to a small Mexican market in Hayward for the absolute best Tamales in the world!! It doesn't stop there! Take the trip to Fisherman's warf if you love seafood!!
Congratulations on winning the package hope you have a super time!

Bruce

Crosley.In.AZ

Planes don't just fall out of the sky.

Helicopters do though.

get on the plane and have fun.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Rayvyn

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"
Quote from: "enjenjo"congratualations! So why don't you fly?

it scares the crap out of me, I had to fly 4 times at my other job. I am so afraid the planes going to break down and fall out of the sky  :roll:  they gave me drugs to calm me.
Rob has never flown and I know hes not looking forward to it at all, Im not sure what his reason is.
I know i've heard all the facts about getting killed in a car, but lets face it, at least its not falling outta the sky !!!!  :oops:

C'mon Debb, it's not that bad. The really wicked part is when you jump out of one on purpose that is flying perfectly well. I didn't really want to do it but the instructor thought otherwise when he put his boot in my
%$# and out the door I went. After the first jump I was okay.

Get one of those small DVD players and watch a movie inflight. The more you close your eyes or muffle your hearing, every little bump will seem worse than it is. Keeping your mind off it by being preoccupied will certainly help.

Have a great time!! :D  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Rayvyn

Quote from: "enjenjo"Of course I have flown several hundred thousand miles

Would that have been on some of those "widebody" jets...? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Crosley"Planes don't just fall out of the sky.

Helicopters do though.

They also go vertical when an updraft hits them. It takes the wind off the blades and makes the chopper want to spin the same direction as the blades. If the pilot isn't quick enough on the tail rotor pedals, the crate will nose over. I had this happen on a training exercise at Ft. Rucker. I was rapelling down from the chopper when it lifted. Since it's nearly impossible to climb a rope that's whipping through the snap harness, you basically throw your brake hand over against the snap link, take the *, ride it out until you're about 20' off the ground and let lose, being sure to run like %#$@ when you hit the ground. :shock:

The fun part is riding in the door with your legs hanging out at about 3500 ft, just enjoying the scenery. It makes an airplane ride seem like a walk in the park. :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "Crosley"Planes don't just fall out of the sky.

Helicopters do though.

The fun part is riding in the door with your legs hanging out at about 3500 ft, just enjoying the scenery. It makes an airplane ride seem like a walk in the park. :D

Ok Bry, that makes it sound like a walk in the park!!! I won't be doing any of that stuff!!!  :cry:

Hey thanks everyone for the words of encourgement!!!  We've decided to extend our time there and will return on monday. I know its not a lot of time but we will pack in as much as we can!!
Thanks for all of the ideas, I am putting together a plan now!!  we won't arrive till 4 on fri, but we will have all day on sunday to do stuff.

Rob told me he didnt' really want to go because he was sick of cars and car shows!!!  :shock:  (he better be getting over that and quick)  I am pretty sure its because he didn't want to fly, but wouldn't say that. So i figure we will have fri and sun to do Stuff and sat for the show.
So tonight he comes home and i was talking to him about all the stuff to do on the other days, I get this strange look  :? , like were gonna be doing anything besides the SHOW!!! LOL  (but we are)  :lol: