The 37 assembled..well sort of

Started by Pep, April 26, 2005, 02:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pep

Well actually...over 5 years......I spent nearly 3 of that on the rear section alone......I do have the full story on my web site.....just click on the WWW bit at the bottom of this reply then scroll down to the 37 pic. The story and link to the build up is all there.
See Ya
Pep

enjenjo

Quote from: "Pep"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Looking good PEP. You get the roof bows figured out yet?

Well yes and no Frank....I have a restorer who has offered to make them for me...He wants the whole frame ( I haven't told him I'm a rodder yet, as he may ask about  the modifications I made to the frame and ask questions ). I don't like working with wood...too hard to weld back together when you stuff up :wink: ...I have been given the clues, and it seems that laying laminations and glueing is the go. I'm still pondering as I keep saying :)

There are a couple outfits here in the US that make them.  You can also get universal ones, cut, and splice them to get what you need.

If you have a university nearby, they often have woodworking shops. If they have an ammonia chamber, it can be used to bend wood, to about any shape you want, even tie it in a knot.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&rls=GGLD%2CGGLD%3A2004-10%2CGGLD%3Aen&q=+ammonia+wood+bending
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

aussie34

Quote from: "Pep"Well actually...over 5 years......I spent nearly 3 of that on the rear section alone......I do have the full story on my web site.....just click on the WWW bit at the bottom of this reply then scroll down to the 37 pic. The story and link to the build up is all there.

toured your site thanks for the direction pointer
you have great patience I am learning that
Its coming together very well cant wait to see it with colour on it
the 351 should be just the ticket to move it along
Thanks for the great pics   Col

Pep

Quote from: "aussie34"
Quote from: "Pep"Well actually...over 5 years......I spent nearly 3 of that on the rear section alone......I do have the full story on my web site.....just click on the WWW bit at the bottom of this reply then scroll down to the 37 pic. The story and link to the build up is all there.

Patience and stupidity are close relatives I think....When I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, some mongrel turns it off :wink: ...I do have a picture in my mind what it will be like and it is fairly well etched in my mind. I keep plodding along and set small goals at a time. If I look too far ahead, I will get depressed.
See Ya
Pep

aussie34

Quote from: "Pep"
Quote from: "aussie34"

Patience and stupidity are close relatives I think....When I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, some mongrel turns it off :wink: ...I do have a picture in my mind what it will be like and it is fairly well etched in my mind. I keep plodding along and set small goals at a time. If I look too far ahead, I will get depressed.

and I thought that it was just me
I tried to shake the need to build these things but it is the most powerful force that keeps telling you " of course you can do it"
Agreed patience and stupidity may be related but you try not doing it and then you realise what frustation is Hope this makes sense
Once when I did not have project I thought I could lower the action on a Maton Firebird - took a bastard file to each fret - no more Maton Firebird
Better to have some steel to cut and bend - its cheaper

OzRod

Nice to see you making some real progress mate. Can hardly recognise it since I last saw it. You've put alot of good effort into that 37.

Bruce Dorsi

It looks good, Pep!

Progress may be slow, but you know the job is being done well.

Keep up the good work, but try to work a little faster, as none of us are getting any younger!   :lol:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Pep

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"It looks good, Pep!

Progress may be slow, but you know the job is being done well.

Keep up the good work, but try to work a little faster, as none of us are getting any younger!   :lol:

You telling me Bruce ...yeah we are getting older :D ....I do have a helper coming over next weekend, in the form of Boris ( Brootal )...so between both of us, we should be kicking it over by Sunday :wink:
See Ya
Pep

X38

Brootal! Help! Same sentence! So you want to get an idea of what it will look like with someone sitting in it? I get it.

Brootal

Quote from: "X38"Brootal! Help! Same sentence! So you want to get an idea of what it will look like with someone sitting in it? I get it.

Might as well have the expert on the subject come in. :)

I'm still having problems deciding what to wear.

Should I cuff my jeans or will they collect too much dust?

White T-shirt or black?

Decisions... decisions...
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

X38

Wear anything - as long as its got an ASRF logo on it you're sweet.

Brootal

Quote from: "X38"Wear anything - as long as its got an ASRF logo on it you're sweet.

What... and have Pep carve it out with a 9-inch grinder!!!

No thanks...

Why aren't you in the shed?
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

Pep

Quote from: "Brootal"
Quote from: "X38"Brootal! Help! Same sentence! So you want to get an idea of what it will look like with someone sitting in it? I get it.

Might as well have the expert on the subject come in. :)

I'm still having problems deciding what to wear.

Should I cuff my jeans or will they collect too much dust?

White T-shirt or black?

Decisions... decisions...

Well...I am wearing black.....so the contrasting primer dust will blend in just fine....Have you ever tried highlights in your hair?...grey streaks would suit you I think :wink:

If you want to sit in the rod and make noises, you will have to now use a milk crate cause there's no seats in it any more. :wink:

See Ya
Pep