Any of you listen to Country Music?

Started by Sean, April 02, 2005, 10:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

She's a cutie. Country, some's good, some's bad. Not my choice either.
TEAM SMART

Brootal

Like I always say, there's country music and there's COUNTRY MUSIC!

When it's good, it's really good, but when it's bad.... :(

Hank Williams, George Jones, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash... just some of the absolute legends who wrote some of the best songs ever to hit the airwaves.

More contemporary stuff like Alan Jackson, Dwight Yoakam, the Mavericks, Wayne Hancock, Junior Brown and Dale Watson is also great.

My wife quite often re-tells the story how when she was asked what type of music she likes, she basically said "Pretty much anything but country music."

I brought her around though, showed her the good side of country music and now she loves it too.

If you stop and listen, you'll hear some of the finest vocalists and best players around, ESPECIALLY guitarists.

You've just got to listen to the right stuff, but unfortunately, it's not always what is played on the radio.

Sean - I bet your 'girls' are still smiling about meeting one of their heroes.
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

Sean

I do like Junior Brown. He is probably one of the greatest Guitar players alive today.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"

and that would be a problem only on your gold wing????

don't worry, it's just your frame breaking;)

lol.

nope , mine has been re-welded.  

soon I  will replace the bike

found a one owner, un modified  busa for 7k $
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "tomslik"

and that would be a problem only on your gold wing????

don't worry, it's just your frame breaking;)

lol.

nope , mine has been re-welded.  

soon I  will replace the bike

found a one owner, un modified  busa for 7k $

Come some August maybe you can loan me the motor from the busa to use for a couple easy miles on the salt  :D .

c ya,

Sum

rumrumm

Seventeen years ago, when my oldest son who was 9 years old, we were at a car show at the civic auditorium in Omaha. James Doohan (Scotty from Star Trek) was there signing autographs. We were one of the first in line,  and  I asked him if I could take a picture. He said, "Sure, come here" to my son and he had Aaron come around the table and sit on his knee for the photo. Very cool. It's nice to know that most celebrities are very human.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

DrJ

First 45 rpm record I bought for myself when I was a kid was Marty Robbins El Paso.
Marty was one heck of a singin stock car driver!

I also like Brootals list and Charlie Rich. He had a great smooth voice.

I also listen to "classic" rock from early Elvis era thru tday and "mainstream" punk, New wave, Doowop, R & B, Jazz, (but I'm not real crazy about Dixieland, sounds too Disneyland to me) "Classic" music, (Actually music fron the "romantic" era, 19th century)
DOn't care for most "musicals" and I won't listen to Opera or Rap any longer than it takes to change the station away from the McDonalds commercial that's playing it...
Rap is a heinous crime against the ear drums because it's a "jingle" and the * TV commercials are probably going to use and abuse it till we all go deaf.. :cry:

enjenjo

I listen to most anything, Rock, Classical, Jazz, big bands, even a little rap, but to be honest, lately when traveling, I have been listening to books on CD.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "1FATGMC"
Come some August maybe you can loan me the motor from the busa to use for a couple easy miles on the salt  :D .

c ya,

Sum

=== I've heard stories on how easy you are on things speed wise.... LOL

when we were allowed radios at work,  i would play C-W music since I knew it * off one fellow in the area

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

alchevy

I was at a small town fair & car show one time with my friends and one of them cannot stand country music. That's when the local entertainment started up...and it was country. Someone that sounded like Patsy Cline and did a good job of it. This friend was going crazy. He said that these old cars have to hear old rock & roll just to treat them right! We kept telling him that it could get worse...and it did when the local punk rock group started!
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com