Any of you listen to Country Music?

Started by Sean, April 02, 2005, 10:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

My youngest Daughter got to meet her favorite Country Music singer last night, Chris Cagle. She met him before the concert, then during the concert they were pretty close to the Stage and he waved at her. Made her Day and I'm sure she will remember that for a long time.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Sean"Any of you listen to Country Music?

Only when I have to, but I'm really happy for your daughter  :) .  I'll bet she remembers that the rest of her life.

c ya, Sum

purplepickup

I like all kinds of music...except for hiphop and rap...and disco.  My favorite is probably classic album rock from the 70's and blues but my radio buttons are set for everything else  including country.  Like Sum said, this is a day your daughter will remember forever.   She looks like a neat little girl.  I know you're a proud daddy Sean. :D
George

Sean

I don't listen to much Country music myself, and I managed to get both my older Daughters to listen to Rock, like me. The youngest is Momma's girl though, and since Momma listens to Country, she listens to Country.

Of course, Martha managed to get her picture taken with Cagle too. :roll: I think its pretty cool of Cagle to still take time to meet his Fans. Martha said there was quite a few with passes and he took time to speak with all of them and let them take pictures.

She also said the QB for the Kansas City Chiefs, Trent Green, stood right beside them and kept picking Hunter up so she could see better.

Carps

Not a huge Country Music fan, but have a lot of time for the people who make that scene their life..

A few years back, passing through Nashville, accompanied by freinds who are into the rurual music scene, we literally bumped into Garth Brooks walking down the street.  real nice bloke, took time to stop and talk, signed a few autographs and posed for a few photos.  The kids were stoked.

Few of the pop music folks could do with takning a leaf out of these people's books.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Cool photos! Dads going to be a busy fellow "interviewing" boyfriends in a few years!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Sean

Quote from: "40"Cool photos! Dads going to be a busy fellow "interviewing" boyfriends in a few years!

I have two more, 13 and 15, they are both way smarter than me already, just ask them... :wink:

Carps, my wife listens to an Australian singer all the time too. Keith Urban, I think is his name. I can't tell one Country singer from another, they all sound the same to me, even the one from Australia...

alchevy

When I saw this post at first, I thought it was going to be about that new song that Alan Jackson has out right now about the guy that wants to get his car fixed and the mechanic tells him that it will need this and that and it will only cost $800. Meanwhile, the mechanic says that he wrote a song and he shows it to him. He turns the tables on him and says that the song is good, but it will need this and that and it will only cost...well let's see...about $800 for him to fix it!

There are some neat car songs in country music.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Carps

Quote from: "Sean"
Quote from: "40"I can't tell one Country singer from another, they all sound the same to me, even the one from Australia...

And here I was thinkin it was a problem with my hearing.   :wink:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Crosley.In.AZ

my radio gets a bunch of static when I tune to the country stations here.  

Loud screeching noises.  the comercials are clear though

:arrow:   :lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

junkyardjeff

I like country music but I like the older stuff that was out before I liked it,I used to go to my cabin 100 miles north of grand rapids to hear some good oldies but the newer watered down country music has found its way up there and I never hear any at home.  Jeff

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"my radio gets a bunch of static when I tune to the country stations here.  

Loud screeching noises.  the comercials are clear though

:arrow:   :lol:

and that would be a problem only on your gold wing????

don't worry, it's just your frame breaking;)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

purplepickup

Quote from: "junkyardjeff"I used to go to my cabin 100 miles north of grand rapids .....  Jeff
Jeff, where is your cabin?  Mine is about 100 miles north of GR too.
George

junkyardjeff

I am in the irons area about 15 miles north of baldwin.

purplepickup

Quote from: "junkyardjeff"I am in the irons area about 15 miles north of baldwin.
I'm up near Kalkaska.  We get over by you often when we go to the Dublin General store for *.  I've got a few friends with places near Irons.  Been to the Irons Flea Roast and Ox Market too.  I was going to get into the horseshoe tournament but those guys are too good for me.
George