It started with a BANG . . . Redux

Started by av8, February 08, 2005, 08:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

av8

Quote from: "Crosley"4 inch stroke.  mayb punch the muther out a .100 or so?

I think we'll punch this one out to 3-5/16-inches when the time comes, which will take it to 274 CID. It will be built for a project yet to be determined.

The one that will replace it in the truck is also a Merc that we've bored 0.030 over which will take it to about 261 CID.  From the beginning, I spec'd this motor for the truck -- bags of torque, long service life,  full-pressure oil filtration, good fuel economy, plus "supercharger ready," just in case.  :)

I'm going to port and prep this block as soon as I finish porting and port matching a V12 Lincoln for a customer. That looks to be fun . . .

1FATGMC

Quote from: "av8"I'm going to port and prep this block as soon as I finish porting and port matching a V12 Lincoln for a customer. That looks to be fun . . .

I thought his Daddy told him to sell that --- HOT ROD LINCOLN  :lol:.

c ya, Sum

GPster

Quote from: "av8"

I'm going to port and prep this block as soon as I finish porting and port matching a V12 Lincoln for a customer. That looks to be fun . . .
Would that be a little bit of "Blue Printinting" so that everything appears stock but it runs better than every other one? GPster

av8

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "av8"

Would that be a little bit of "Blue Printinting" so that everything appears stock but it runs better than every other one? GPster

That's certainly the intent. It would be interesting to see what a little imagination could do with cam profiles, but that would compromise the Lincoln's smoothness and quiet idle. When correctly built and tuned they're just about inaudible at idle, even with the hood open. The exhaust note sounds like a million dollars, however.

I've wanted a Continental ever since I saw my first one right after WWII. Yeah, I know they're primitive and the motors are trouble prone but they still stop me dead in my tracks every time I see one.