Who's Using Grundy Insurance??

Started by 40, May 15, 2006, 09:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slocrow

QuoteBoy I'm glad your a friend not an enemy Frank, I wasn't insured with them when I did the Ego-Rama.

Jack; Wow! That worked better then *.....Got a real rise out of you. I just couldn't help myself. It was so set up after reading those earlier threads. Of course no malice intended................. :twisted: .Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "slocrow"
...................I use my regular insurance company with a limited use clause. About $350 per year..................frank

You like paying more for less coverage??? :roll:
Your "regular" insurance on your hot rod is called stated value which mean your insurance company will state to you what the car is worth if you ever have a total loss.  There is depreciation and deductables involved.  Your will get screwed by them with regular insurance if you ever have a large claim.

As far as running the year of manufacture plate, my insurance is $101.79 less because I run this kind of plate.  I would image almost ever state has some type of discounted plates for antique cars.  

I don't know about you guys but I hate paying insurance premiums.  A savings of a few hundred dollars a year is worth not only running vintage plates but contacting Grundy as well.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

phat rat

I was worried like the devil when I hit the deer. I had $25,000 stated value and the damage estimate was $15,000. Too my relief State Farm paid without a hassle
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

tonto1

Does anyone use JC Taylor?

I've never had a claim, and I've never had a car worth very much, but their rates have always seemed reasonable.
Why are there more horses a**es in the world than there are horses?

HotRodLadyCrusr

In case someone doesn't have it

www.grundy.com

online exact quote in about 30 seconds
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Dirk35

I used Grundy. No Claims in the two months its been leagal and driven on the street. I pay $160 a year.

btrc

Daryle,
 I use Grundy too.  I don't remember exactly what it costs because my wife pays for all of our insurance from her account but I know it is even less than the amounts stated by others on here, and I have a higher dollar coverage.  I'm sure it must vary by state.  What I really liked was when I added my Comet it was only something like $10 a year more.

Bob
Bob

Skip

Had both my "old" cars w/ Grundy for a few years now.
Skip

Early Hemi SME
Hot Rod Wiring Consulting

reborn55

Just switched to Grundy--got more agreed value coverage for less money on my two cars.  Did get a better rate when I talked to agent at Indy last year than what is quoted on the interent.  Seems that when you talk to them personally the rate goes down

32 Chevy

About a year ago I switched from Hagerty to Grundy. The premium tot al for both cars, the 32 chev and 56 wagon, dropped from $400+ per year to just over $200/ yr. This is for the same agreed value.

Then last fall a chunk of wood fell out of a pickup truck in front of the '32 and went right into the grill of the '32. Totaled the grill, radiator shell, radiator, and splash pan. Grundy let me take it to the best specialized Rod shop in the area and paid every penny of the repair less the standard deductible. No complaints, arguments, nothing except excellent service. At the time of the accident I was driving the '32 for a, ah, 'road test' not associated with any established automotive or civic event. Grundy never asked the how or when of the accident.

Yeah, I'm convinced... GRUNDY!