Who's Using Grundy Insurance??

Started by 40, May 15, 2006, 09:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just wondering who has their cars insured with Grundy?I have all of my cars insured with Hagerty....have been happy with them but also have never had a need to use them.I just got the premium notice for adding my recently completed 36 Coupe and thought it was a little high so decided to shop around a bit.Checked Condon/Skelly and they were about $500 cheaper and the quote from Grundy was a little less than 1/2 of the Hagerty premium(about $1100 cheaper) for what appears to be the same coverage?? Am still waiting on a quote from CHROME. I called and complained to my Insurance agent.....he's going to check it out.....would like to hear your comments regarding Grundy.Thanks!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

phat rat

Just went with Grundy this year from State Farm. Paying less for more
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Crosley.In.AZ

I've been with Grundy for 10 - 12 years.  Never had a claim with them.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

EMSjunkie

I have been with Grundy since August last year.
very easy to deal with. cheapest premiums, agreed value, just can't use it as a daily driver.  8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

seadog

This is an area of great interest to me as I will soon be shopping for coverage for my Deuce 5 Window.  I have the usual brochures from the major companies and have been following the discussions on insurance carriers when they come up on the various boards that I participate in, but there's one question that I still have not found the definitive answer to: All of the speciality car insurance companies seem to have a disclaimer stating that the vehicle can only be used to travel to car related events, even though some state that there is no annual mileage limit.  What if I want to drive my car more often than to the occasional event?  I don't foresee making it my daily, but it would be nice to drive it to work and on errands around town whenever the mood struck without having to worry.  How strictly do the insurance companies look at this clause?  Am I better off getting a quote from my regular insurance carrier?  I have a spotless driving record.  Only one ticket, ever and that was for improper passing when I was 17...I'm 61 now.  sorry if I hijacked this post.  Any thoughts appreciated.

1FATGMC

Is Grundy "stated value" or "agreed value".

Any mileage limitations?

Can it be a daily driver (driven to work)?

c ya, Sum

EMSjunkie

when I signed up with Grundys, the only stipulation they had on driving, is it CANNOT be driven as the PRIMARY mode of transportation. you must have another vehicle for PRIMARY transportation. :(

there was no "to and from " events or anything like that. :roll:
no mileage limits either.

yes Sum, its agreed value. all I had to do was send them a few pictures and my first years premium. $118.50 per year with an agreed value of $30K. 8)

its about time to re-new for another year, we'll see what happens here in a month or two. :wink:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

1FATGMC

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"when I signed up with Grundys, the only stipulation they had on driving, is it CANNOT be driven as the PRIMARY mode of transportation. you must have another vehicle for PRIMARY transportation. :(

there was no "to and from " events or anything like that. :roll:
no mileage limits either.

yes Sum, its agreed value. all I had to do was send them a few pictures and my first years premium. $118.50 per year with an agreed value of $30K. 8)

its about time to re-new for another year, we'll see what happens here in a month or two. :wink:

Vance

That sounds pretty good.  I checked with a few different ones a couple years ago and when I started mentioning 8000+ miles a year they then said no coverage even though before that they said there was no mileage limits.  

Do they ask for your yearly odometer readings?

c ya, Sum

EMSjunkie

Sum, I don"t remember them asking for mileage,  :?  
but then again, it has been almost a year since I signed up with them.  :oops:

should be getting a renewel notice soon, guess I'll find out then. :-o

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

sirstude

Vance,

Do you have collision and comp on your car?  I have Grundy for my Impala, and have a 20K agreed value with a $331 per year cost.  I do have both comp and collision.  Wondering if that is the difference.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

EMSjunkie

I'll have to go look at my policy to be sure, but I believe I have comp, collision and liability. guess I should pay more attention...........awwww,who am I trying to kid..........anymore I can't hardly remember to get dressed in the morning.  :shock:  :oops:

and they said all that stuff I did in my younger days would affect me later on in life.  :roll:  :wink:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

HotRodLadyCrusr

Doug, don't know why your getting hosed.  I'm not sure if each state is different of not but I'm only paying $288.84 for $35,000 coverage.  I do need to raise the agreed value though.   This is from before Big Olds got paint on him.

I switched from Hagerty to Grundy and couldn't be happier.  Much less expensive with the exact same coverage.  Dad had a claim on his black 40 Ford and they paid with no hassles what so ever.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

phat rat

If I didn't have historic plates on the cpe the price would've been $140 more per year.  So I would imagine the price is going to vary some from state to state. They are aware that I drive the cpe all over the country

slocrow

I'm not real good with sending pictures, could someone please send Grundy a pic of jack's car in that 4 wheel drift. Sort of as a rate check tool.......... :lol:

It was just a thought :roll:
...................I use my regular insurance company with a limited use clause. About $350 per year..................frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

phat rat

Quote from: "slocrow"I'm not real good with sending pictures, could someone please send Grundy a pic of jack's car in that 4 wheel drift. Sort of as a rate check tool.......... :lol:

It was just a thought :roll:
...................I use my regular insurance company with a limited use clause. About $350 per year..................frank

Boy I'm glad your a friend not an enemy Frank, I wasn't insured with them when I did the Ego-Rama.