1964 F100 rotor swap

Started by 416Ford, December 09, 2019, 12:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

416Ford

Quote from: "enjenjo"
58" should be fine but be careful on rim offset that the tire doesn't hit the bed on the inside.

That was taken into consideration when I measured for my min.

I guess I will order up the parts for the rotors and see what we end up with.

Thanks
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

kb426

The 96 mustang rear in the 51 is 58.5" as I remember. Most of the wheels that I've used are 3.5" backspace. The bed floor is 49" wide as I remember. There is adequate clearance at those measurements.
TEAM SMART

416Ford

KB I am going to use the rear I already have and put the pig from the current rear in it. I have axles in the garage somewhere, just not sure what bearing they have and what backing plates will need to be used.
I am taking baby steps.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

416Ford

Looks like we are keeping the stock wheels and tires for the time being.
This did not work Frank. The space from the caliper bracket to the outside of the rotor was off and the distance from bearing to bearing was wrong and would not allow for tightening nut.

Quote from: "enjenjo"The bearing numbers are not for the stock 71 bearings. The set numbers are Timken numbers for cones with the correct cup. SKF crosses directly.Federal Mogul are A12 ana A13. C/R is BR12 and BR13.

enjenjo

Was the rotor too close, or too far away from the bracket?

It might be possible to machine the original hub to take a hubless rotor with the right bolt pattern
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Dave, what can we do to help?
TEAM SMART

Ohio Blue Tip

Dave,
You know I have a lathe and a mill if you need some machine work.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

416Ford

I am going to put some feelers out for another pair of spindles.

Rotor was to far away.

kb426

I did some more looking. A 1975 Granada rotor might be a possible. The inner bearing id is .002 larger than the F100 bearing. I didn't find depth info anywhere. Those rotors are used on lots of brake conversions so at least they should affordable.
TEAM SMART

416Ford

Affordable would be the NEW LTD rotors I now own.  :)