Car Ban?

Started by tom36, May 16, 2017, 07:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnold

Quote from: "chimp koose"Problem with government here is that one of them will read it and think its a good idea .

It IS coming..gummit been talking about it for probably 20 years here. They think that will shut up the emission control critics. That too has been talked about to death here.
 This nasty * oil type rustproofing seems to be holding it's own against the beet juice/brine/salt mix..needs to be done twice a year though. I can't see them continuing to allow that rustproofing here though. Can't protect everything though. Not sure how to keep the beet juice et al out of electrical stuff though YET

In reality..if you do a lot of driving..I do.. next to impossible to keep cars over about 15 y/o on the road here year round as daily drivers.

o/e calipers,rotors etc last pretty good here..10 years or so. Replacements..Ya..you/re not going more than 3 years here before you pretty much have to replace the entire rotted brake system. That gets lame and expensive.

We get the rot getting in BEHIND the brake pad and the shoe breaking the bond and the pads just falling off the shoes
:roll: That is even't new or a big deal at shops up here. Been there done that. I JUST went through this AGAIN :evil: when the parking brake pad material just fell off into the drum.

Now I just had some 3 year old Dorman guaranteed for life against rust/rot whatever coated backing plates rot out AGAIN.
Got to get into the dif to get the axle shafts out and do that job again :evil:

Stainless exhaust..o/e lasts a good 8-12 years. After that you are once again into TRYING to find good replacement parts every few years.

Rant over..for now :twisted:

UGLY OLDS

I HATE these discussions ,^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I was going to try to complete more work on the Pick-Up today ... :roll:  
Not any more ...... :oops: Too depressed....   :(

KB, Crosley, all you guys out "there"...You don't know how good you really have it ... :shock:  :lol:

Hey ...Has anyone heard from Glen lately  :?:  :?:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****