Car Ban?

Started by tom36, May 16, 2017, 07:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

And how are all the people on minimum wage going to afford cars that are newer than 20 years old?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

That is absolutely ridiculous.
Matt

UGLY OLDS

I agree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^   :evil:     The bigger question is , where did they find a truck like in the photos up there with no ru.....RATS ...There I go again ... :evil:  :evil:  :roll:  :oops:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

That law would empty my driveway . My newest vehicle is a 98 . I would like to know how much extra emissions would be caused by me buying a new car every 3 years like some neighbors . Sounds like a good deal for car sales . What would a 10 year old car be worth for trade in ? RE-use , Reduce , Recycle . This policy makes the first two of the triangle obsolete . How about making the cars of today more like the ones of years ago . Maybe put in a polluters clause . All the extra weight of seat , steering wheel and mirror warmers , in seat A/C , power windows , door locks , TV screens for each passenger ETC. ETC. get taxed for the added bulk and subsequent reduction in fuel economy . I think this law would look like they are doing something without actually accomplishing anything . I do not live in Ontario but from what I understand most cars there do not last 20 years because of rust . What percentage of cars would be taken off the road ? Ill bet less than 1% ?

Bruce Dorsi

Isn't that a site for pranks ?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

idrivejunk

Yep I vote fake news.  :roll:
Matt

kb426

Top of page, right hand column. You have been pranked.
TEAM SMART

tom36

Well, that'l learn me. sounded stupid enough to be true. :(U)

parklane

If this was true, it wouldn't surprise me, seeing the leader of a one time great Province. :cry:  :cry:
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

Arnold

Pretty much impossible to get insurance on older vehicles stories REGARDLESS of who you are or your record are not at all uncommon here in Ontario. I have told people to MAKE SURE YOU CAN GET INSURANCE ON THAT BEFORE YOU BUY IT.
I apologize for yelling..(cap's of course). But..make no mistake here in Ontario! As I said..I have told people that and there have been people who were just STUNNED..and could not thank me enough when they ran into this. Some say it is not true..ya..just wait until it happens to YOU. There are PLENTY of insurance company quotes that do NOT even include a place for vehicles older than TEN..10 years..

Been there done that. I have a very good driving.insurance record. CHEAP insurance. I am quite happy.

I phoned my huge insurance company..been with them forever about..MAYBE cancelling the insurance on a vehicle..while I MIGHT not drive it for a while..might fix it/restore it whatever. (I have multiple vehicles) Might even sell it. 18 y/o vehicle at the time. I was advised for what little it cost to insure it..just to keep going as I was BECAUSE IF I cancelled it they would NOT re-insure it..and doubted if anyone else would either. They were very civil,helpful,polite. I was too..good thing.

After about a bazillion phone calls.etc.,ETC..for all intents and purposes..there was NOT going to be any more insurance on this vehicle..for me OR anyone else.

I ain't talking about any big deal vehicle..worth nothing..no collision,fire,theft nothing. No safety recalls issues/ownership issues nothing.

chimp koose

I registered and insured my model T this summer as I feared that there would be more restrictive licensing measures coming . I am licensed as an antique @ $8 / month . I am happy that the news thing was a hoax but sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction . Especially with politics !

UGLY OLDS

We was spoofed  :?:  :?:  :?:  :shock:  

Well %@#$#$%^&%^$*#@++%$$%^&#   Dag Nabbit #$%&&*^%.... :oops:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

Problem with government here is that one of them will read it and think its a good idea .