RRT project

Started by enjenjo, January 10, 2009, 08:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

thanks for the update.

just tossing this out:

It was mentioned early on,  as this project was discussed.

We did not want the project to become a job performed by 2-3 ppl.  It seems that it has become a 4 - 7 ppl project. It is difficult for the folks at the western end of the country to get involved physically.

I had no new answers or different ideas that were not discussed before.

Shipping can get expensive.  Moving the project via trailer is an option, yet costs are involved there too.

Are we still on path for a V8  or use any chevy based engine for the powerglide trans on hand?  I dis like adapaters, yet the common BOP adapter to chevy bolt patterns is inexpensive.  Proper converter setup spacing is required & simple
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

I am more than willing to move the project to another area to work on it. That was my original idea. The problem is we need some one who can store it between build days, and enough people in the area to make it worth wile.

As far as engines, most any GM engine can be coupled to the Glide with a simple plate adapter
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tomslik

as it's been over a year since the last update, what's the status?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

enjenjo

Quote from: "tomslik"as it's been over a year since the last update, what's the status?

Nothing has been happening. We have $800 cash available to work with. We have not started on a roll cage yet. I have picked up some tubing for it. It has been a hassle trying to find a time where we can get together to work on it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

39deluxe

I'm up for a build day. Summer is winding down. Hopefully there will be more time to get together.

Tom