Enjenjo and Fat Cat need our help,NOW!

Started by SKR8PN, August 19, 2004, 04:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooster

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
Quote from: "slocrow"
Quote from: "Fat Cat"He is back on the road in a rental van with a trailer

Wait a minute, what don't I understand about this hook up. If a van was rented to pull a trailer with the Buick on it, where is the RRT trailer?
Glad things worked out so quick......
The Buick is on the trailer. The Grill is in the back of the van.

You guys need anything fatcat? Will be leaving st louis at 6 pm friday,eta Joplin 11 pm at Rameda!

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Fat Cat"I was a catastophic failure. The crank let go and took out the front of the block.

I would say that is a catastophic failure!

Not even the special edition Red Green duct tape would fix that on the road.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "Fat Cat"I was a catastophic failure. The crank let go and took out the front of the block.

I would say that is a catastophic failure!

Not even the special edition Red Green duct tape would fix that on the road.

There is no Duct Tape to fix it. It broke the front of the crank off.

Sorry to hear the bad news....Keep us posted and let me know if there's anything I can do to help!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

enjenjo

Well, I've made it as far as Joplin. I have to thank Rads**t from tne HAMB, he hooked me up with Willy Fisher, who has a shop only two blocks from where I was broke down. He ran me in to Albuquerque to pick up the van and trailer I rented. A quick trip to where the car was, We loaded the BBQ trailer into the van, loaded the car onto the trailer, and we were back on the road by 7pm.

The crank broke in the front rod throw, and took out the front of the block, no warning what so ever. Took maybe 2 seconds max. Leaked very little oil, and  no coolant.

So everything will make it back home no problem. there was abother family there that had been waiting three days for an axle, so it could have been worse.  

Just what I needed, another adventure :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

SKR8PN

Thats cool!  Glad you got it ALL on the road again!  Bummer about the Buick though....... If you guys need ANYTHING,you have my #.
USE IT!! :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

slocrow

Frank, Hopefully you're enjoying the drags while I type. Like you said, it could have been worse.
I see by the number of posts, you've finally blown it........ :lol:
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

OldSub

I've got a Buick 430 I'll probably never use.  No idea what motor you're running in the wagon, but you're welcome to any parts off my 430.

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

Jimc

Quote from: "SKR8PN"Just got a call from Fat Cat. He is in TerreHaut Indiana,on his way to the Hamb drags. Enjenjo,towing the BBQ trailer,has had an engine failure in the Buick wagon,in Alberqueque(?) New Mexico. He needs SOMEWAY of getting the Buick wagon off the road(or repaired) and the BBQ to the Hamb drags......
Any help you can offer,PLEASE post it here and i will get in touch with FatCat ASAP. Thanks in Advance!

When Frank and family hit my place Friday night, they were beat.
It was my pleasure to have them here.
Positive thing about the weekend, the RRT BBQ trailer saved the HAMB's day
The pig roast fire was too warm and the pig was cremated.
Frank cooked Burgers, potatoes, and fed the hungry masses.
He did it with flair and style.

By the way, that is one NICE trailer.
Thanks, Frank.
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

Stevie G

QuoteThe crank broke in the front rod throw, and took out the front of the block, no warning what so ever. Took maybe 2 seconds max. Leaked very little oil, and  no coolant.

So everything will make it back home no problem. there was abother family there that had been waiting three days for an axle, so it could have been worse.  

Just what I needed, another adventure :lol:

So, you looking for an engine/block/crank?
Do you like monsters?  Get a Swamp Thing T-Shirt

Jimc

The Michingan,Ohio group left Joplin this AM.
They are scheculed home late this evening, hopefuly in time for Fatcat to be on time for work.
I failed to memtion when saying Frank saved the HANB drags food need with the RRT BBQ trailer, that it had to be unloaded out of and back into a rental truck.
Not an easy feat, but no hill for a climber like Enjenjoe.

That is one nice cooker!

Sean

Quote from: "Jimc"

Good to hear that the 'Ol F@rt can still make himself useful... :wink:

Sounds like you all had a pretty good time, and once again I missed it. I got done at work early enough that I could have made it by the time the actual Racing started, but my F100 is having some steering problems and I didn't want to chance it.

I know... excuses, excuses :roll:

Jimc

Quote from: "Sean"
Quote from: "Jimc"

Good to hear that the 'Ol F@rt can still make himself useful... :wink:

Sounds like you all had a pretty good time, and once again I missed it. I got done at work early enough that I could have made it by the time the actual Racing started, but my F100 is having some steering problems and I didn't want to chance it.

I know... excuses, excuses :roll:

Life is like that.
There were some problems with several of the vehicles that made the trip.
The incidents are what cement the members of the RRt and the HAMB members.
It is great to be able to help someone.
I would have liked to meet you, but you know your circumstances better than any one.
Next year may be different.

enjenjo

Quote from: "OldSub"I've got a Buick 430 I'll probably never use.  No idea what motor you're running in the wagon, but you're welcome to any parts off my 430.

I have a New, never installed 455 stage one short block in the stash, and a donor engine for heads, and the rest of the parts, but I have to check and see if the Stage one block is "early" or "late", it makes a difference in the heads. Your 430 should be "early" so I might be hitting you up for parts if I don't have the right ones. I also have to check accessory brackets to see I that works out as far as AC and so forth.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

OldSub

Quote from: "enjenjo"I might be hitting you up for parts if I don't have the right ones.

You know how to find me.

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com