Enjenjo and Fat Cat need our help,NOW!

Started by SKR8PN, August 19, 2004, 04:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKR8PN

Just got a call from Fat Cat. He is in TerreHaut Indiana,on his way to the Hamb drags. Enjenjo,towing the BBQ trailer,has had an engine failure in the Buick wagon,in Alberqueque(?) New Mexico. He needs SOMEWAY of getting the Buick wagon off the road(or repaired) and the BBQ to the Hamb drags......
Any help you can offer,PLEASE post it here and i will get in touch with FatCat ASAP. Thanks in Advance!
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

sodbuster

Check with "rads%t" aka: Neal from the HAMB board. He lives in Alburque, NE.

Chris Nelson
Kansas

Oops, I did not relize that you could not say the "SH" word.

sodbuster

sodbuster

SKR8PN

Quote from: "sodbuster"That was fast from the other board.

FAST isn't even a good way to describe what just happened!!!
LIGHTNING is a better way to say IT!!! I called Radsh!t he knew where everyone was and agreed to go get them. Took about 2 minutes from the time FatCat called me,I posted it on TWO boards,and help is on the way....... Unreal.

58 Yeoman

Seems like All be * key doesn't like us midwesterners.  A couple years ago I lunched the engine in my Dodge minivan (with 220k+ miles on it). :lol:

Glad everything got taken care of so quickly.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

I wonder what the engine failure was?

I am not sure if you guys have noticed.... enjenjo knows a little about car stuff, so I imagine if he says "engine failure " something happened big time.

I seem to remember a comment from Fatcat about never finishing a trip across the USA in the same vehicle without a break down?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

rooster

This would be a good time to win the raffel their having on a beefed up 302 at the drags!  Wait a minute! Ford engine in a Buick!

The word is hes back on the road to Joplin! :D  :D  :D  :D

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Crosley"I wonder what the engine failure was?

I am not sure if you guys have noticed.... enjenjo knows a little about car stuff, so I imagine if he says "engine failure " something happened big time.

I seem to remember a comment from Fatcat about never finishing a trip across the USA in the same vehicle without a break down?

I was a catastophic failure. The crank let go and took out the front of the block.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "rooster"This would be a good time to win the raffel their having on a beefed up 302 at the drags!  Wait a minute! Ford engine in a Buick!

The word is hes back on the road to Joplin! :D  :D  :D  :D

He is back on the road in a rental van with a trailer

GPster

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
Quote from: "Crosley"I wonder what the engine failure was?

I was a catastophic failure. The crank let go and took out the front of the block.

GPster

An hour of typing and all I got was my name on the screen. I feel we ought to take up a collection towards the rental of the vehicle to get this stuff home. Is there going to be a class for rental vans at the drags? GPster

slocrow

He is back on the road in a rental van with a trailer[/quote]

Wait a minute, what don't I understand about this hook up. If a van was rented to pull a trailer with the Buick on it, where is the RRT trailer?
Glad things worked out so quick......
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

SKR8PN

Quote from: "slocrow"He is back on the road in a rental van with a trailer

Wait a minute, what don't I understand about this hook up. If a van was rented to pull a trailer with the Buick on it, where is the RRT trailer?
Glad things worked out so quick......[/quote]

I would imagine the Buick was left in NM and the van is now pulling the RRT BBQ trailer on to the HAMB drags. Thats just MY guess. Last time I DID talk to Frank SR,he was in Moriartry NM about 30 miles east of Alberquerque. He had already made the rental van arrangments,but needed a ride from Moriartry to Alberquerque to pick the van up. I was PM'd *'s (from the HAMB) phone #,I called him and told him what the situation was,and he went out to give them a ride to the rental place.When FatCat called and asked me to post a plea on the RRT,He was in TerraHaut on his way to Mokane. Ya gotta love the internet and cell phones........

Fat Cat

Quote from: "slocrow"
Quote from: "Fat Cat"He is back on the road in a rental van with a trailer

Glad things worked out so quick......
The Buick is on the trailer. The Grill is in the back of the van.