Chevy pick up brakes ???

Started by unklian, October 10, 2012, 10:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

unklian

Quote from: "50mercfan"look at the door panels 72's have an abs plastic door panel with built in arm rest. all the others have flat door panels. also, the 72's have a screw hole in the door under the wing window.. the 71 and 72 have an egg crate grill. look at the inside of the glove box lid. there should be a spid sticker there with all the options for the truck.

Went over to see it tonight.

No built in arm rests in the doors,
no egg crate grill.
Definitely 6 lug drums all the way around.
Too dark tonight to read the VIN on the frame.

Has electrical problems,and the typical rust issues.

50mercfan

thats not a 72. it's a 69 to 70. if it has a 72 title and vin you've got problems. the vin is stamped on the passenger side of the frame, on the out side, say, under the passenger door. in that area. you'll probably have to wire brush it clean to see it. check that to the title and the vin tag on the bottom of the driver side door jam. the vin tag should be attached with smooth headed rivets. not pop rivets or screws. if this all dosen't match, run....

Rochie

unklian.
My buddy down here in London has a set of front disc brake spindles that have the caliper mounts.  Want me to ask how much he wants?

unklian

Quote from: "Rochie"unklian.
My buddy down here in London has a set of front disc brake spindles that have the caliper mounts.  Want me to ask how much he wants?

What year spindles ??

Will pass this along to the truck owner.

Thanks.

Rochie

unklian
I know they were bought for  '72. They are factory, not from a "kit". I can't get him right now but I will keep trying

unklian

I just asked the truck owner to register here.

Thanks Rochie.

Rochie

unklian,
Jerry wants $125 for the spindles.  They have been powdercoated black and they are in nice shape