Who is going to the salt?

Started by sirstude, August 03, 2004, 12:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

Quote from: "1FATGMC"
Quote from: "sirstude"
Probably just stay in Salt Lake and drive over both days.

Doug

Doug I don't know if you have had any luck with rooms, but have you thought about Ely, NV.  About 60 miles from Wendover, so only about half the distance as Salt Lake City.

You might want to check ahead as the rooms there might also tend to fill on Fri/Sat nights.

c ya, Sum
In this post when I knew of an extra room, Faat Rod said he had some rooms.  http://www.roddingroundtable.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1025

He's at Louisville right now and probably didn't see this thread.  

I just called him and he has one room available at Motel 6 in Wendover.  Doug, if you see this either PM me or Bob (Faat Rod) and we'll get you hooked up.  

See ya on the salt  :D
George

sirstude

Thanks for all the info everyone.  George, I pm'd to you with an ok,  I hope it got there, this is the first time I have used PM.  

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

purplepickup

Quote from: "sirstude"Thanks for all the info everyone.  George, I pm'd to you with an ok,  I hope it got there, this is the first time I have used PM.  

Doug
Yup, I got it and returned it with Bob's contact info.  You'll have to talk to him to confirm everything.

Glad I could help.  There's quite a few of us staying at Motel 6.
George

OFOF

Quote from: "DRD57"
Quote from: "OFOF"Mickey Ellis will be coming along in his new '32 RED roadster pick-up.

Would that be the one with F-F-F-F-F-F-F-FENDERS?!?!?!?!?! hahahahaha, I can hardly wait.

Yep, that's the one.  One of the fenders is even steel!  It even has a, now get this, a TOP!!!!!!

He deserves all the heat you can give him.  :D
Don Palfreyman

Bob K

Doug:

Got your info, found out I can't answer with an attachment from a remote location. I'll call my Spousal Unit and have her send it to you. Fax it the number on the form and I'll my secretary fax it to the Motel Tomorrow. Wife should be home in a couple of hours.

B 8) B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

sirstude

Bob,

Thanks a bunch.  I will get it out in the morning, I am headed home for the day now and it is cruise night, can't miss that.

Thanks
Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Bob K

Doug:

You should have that form by now, the spousal unit emailed it about a half hour ago. Fax it to the # on the bottom and I'll call and have them forward it. Lemme know if you got it.

Bob
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

sirstude

Bob,

It was waiting for me this morning, filled it out and faxed it.  I got a non confirmed message from my FAX machine but I think it went out anyway.

Thanks
Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us

sirstude

Looks like we are headed down on Friday.  If anyone is running down I15 and needs anything, I am only about 2 miles off of the highway at the Helena MT. turnoff.  

See you on the salt.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us

Sure wish I was going...Unfortunately, I still have to set aside a little time for work :roll: Have fun,be safe and keep us posted on the fun!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

sodbuster

The wife and I are driving the late model this year. We are arriving on Thursday and leaving on Tuesday morning after the record runs. We are also staying the the Motel 6 (thanks Bob). And we are also celebrating are 2 year wedding anniversary, we took wedding pix two years ago on the salt in Black & White pix.

Chris Nelson
Kansas

1FATGMC

Quote from: "sodbuster"And we are also celebrating are 2 year wedding anniversary, we took wedding pix two years ago on the salt in Black & White pix.

That was pretty sneaky of you to get married on the "salt".  Now you have to return often to celebrate you wedding aniversary.  

Why didn't I think of that  :roll:.

Hope to see both of you there,

Sum

river1

actually if memory serves, they got married in vegas and honeymooned on the salt. hows that for pickin a wife? hope i find one (eventually) like that.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "1FATGMC"
Quote from: "sodbuster"And we are also celebrating are 2 year wedding anniversary, we took wedding pix two years ago on the salt in Black & White pix.

That was pretty sneaky of you to get married on the "salt".  Now you have to return often to celebrate you wedding aniversary.  

Why didn't I think of that  :roll:.

Hope to see both of you there,

Sum

You may think that it sounds like a good idea but I was in the adjoining room to them at Wendover.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH