GM type steering column break-down view.

Started by GPster, July 08, 2011, 07:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

Right now the pinch bolt adjuster is on the rod going from the column to a bellcrank arrangement. I'm going to make a longer rod and straighten the lever comming out of the column. He muct have twister it and straightened the rod trying to get some length. The bellcrank arrangement pivots between the engine and the frame and it's now on such a slant that it looks loke the motor mount is crushed but I'm going to fix one thing before I decide what else is wrong. The options on this Jeep are not common variety for Jeeps this age around here so I haven't found one to look at yet. The bear claw latches for the doors opperate just reversed of what I wanted so I'm going to switch them side-for-side and while removing them I found mud that high.Want must have preceeded sense on this purchase. GPster

wayne petty

the reason i ask what kind of engine and transmission you have is i can find all kinds of info... but with multiple engine transmission combos...

it's just a waste of time...    send me the info via a PM...

this is a view from the bottom with the transmission pan removed from a 904 or 727 transmission...

http://repairguide.autozone.com/znetrgs/repair_guide_content/en_us/images/0900c152/80/04/b2/67/medium/0900c1528004b267.gif

this might be as close as what can be found to what you might be needing if you were needing something in need... a picture is worth a thousand words and since there is no chance of ever getting there...  here it goes..

http://repairguide.autozone.com/znetrgs/repair_guide_content/en_us/images/0900c152/80/04/b2/54/large/0900c1528004b254.gif

see if this last one helps....  it does show up to 79.. but who cares...

GPster

Quote from: "wayne petty"it's just a waste of time...    send me the info via a PM... see if this last one helps....  it does show up to 79..
It wasn't a waste of my time. I sent you a PM through here. Thanks, GPster