coupe updates

Started by moose, January 09, 2011, 09:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unklian

If you want to do woodgrain on the interior, let me know.

enjenjo

I know where ther is a 48 Pontiac dash. :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Mac

Nice work. I like your dash choice; I spent a few years sitting behind one of those  in the '41 pickup I had.
I'm wondering why you cut out and formed all 5 beads instead of just the one where the crank hole was?
Who\'s yer Data?

kb426

I like what you've done. I also like the fact that there aren't any rules about which dash you have to use these days. The inovation has taken the hobby another step in the right direction. I have a 50 ford dash that is waiting for the right project. I was going to put it in the 32 and decided to wait in case the next project needed it more.  :)
TEAM SMART

moose

Quote from: "Mac"I'm wondering why you cut out and formed all 5 beads instead of just the one where the crank hole was?

The reason is I wanted a smooth end to the beads. If I had only removed the crank hole the beeds would not have a finished look to them.

Tim

Mac

Quote from: "moose"
Quote from: "Mac"I'm wondering why you cut out and formed all 5 beads instead of just the one where the crank hole was?

The reason is I wanted a smooth end to the beads. If I had only removed the crank hole the beeds would not have a finished look to them.

Tim

Oh, right. You had bobbed the upper edge. Duh...I'm slow  :oops:
Who\'s yer Data?

GPster

While that dash is loose you might think about re-making those defrost vent louvers. Even if you "Rough It" with-out a heater it's nice (law in Ohio?) to have some air circulation around the windshield to prevent fogging. '50s Studebakers had a dandy unit that was separate from the heater that had it's own fan and it's own water heated coil that would work dandy underneath that dash and not be noticed. GPster