Jay Carine AKA C9 Passed Away

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, November 23, 2009, 02:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Truly a sad day. My condolences to family and friends.

kb426

I meant to buy his 2 books some time ago. I ordered both last night.
TEAM SMART

EMSjunkie

Prayers up for Jay and the family

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

58 Yeoman

I never met him either, but also enjoyed his stories.  My condolences to his family.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Jbird

Man that's really sad news. I enjoyed his stories. Condolences to his family.    Jbird
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Brootal

Seems only right that I send my condolences to C9's family here on the RRT where I first 'met' him. Never got the chance in person, but he was one of the originals.

RIP :(
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

WINGNUTZ

Hate to see him leave and many have been touched by his short time on this Earth... but now he's cruising Gods Highways... "Ride In Peace Jay"!!!

GPster

Well I'm a victom of "lack of timing". I ordered C9's book through         inter-libraray loan and they called me yesterday that it was in. I picked it up today on my way out of town. I'm at my daughter's house to see  grand daughter's Christmas Show. Tomorrow is schedualed for a trip to "Home Depot" so she can do her monthly craft project and I think I'll also get involved with our son-in-law's "Buy new screen wire for front porch" project. I won't be able to stay up late and read because I'll have to be rested for the drive home. Last year on the way home after this show is when I wrecked my truck. I brought the good car this year and I'll rest easier after I pass the 23 mile marker. Looked at C9's book quickley and read the dedication to his wife. I'm sure now that I'll understand the rest of it. GPster

kb426

My two books arrived this week. I'm really looking forward to reading them. I feel sad that I could have read them a few years ago and then had the privilege to ask the author if I had any questions.
TEAM SMART

HotRodLadyCrusr

Pinky is an AWESOME read and my favorite.
She is actually a real person and lives in Hawaii now.....a fact that Jay won't be able to share himself with you but he and I had many discussions regarding her.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Old Blue

Wow, what can I say. I'm in shock.  Like many of you here ,I never met Jay. I will say that I felt I knew him through his writings and posts.

I recently returned here and to the hobby. When I did I wondered about Jay (C9) and what he was up to.

Way back when I went through my divorce and some low times in my life, I really enjoyed his writings and general outlook on life.

I think they helped me through some tough times in a small way.

You will be greatly missed Jay, and I am saddened by your passing. Hope your duece made it up there with you.  

Larry.