Where are the Model T coupe bodys?

Started by 47convert, October 30, 2009, 11:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

as long as this thread is active... for those who can receive PBS WORLD on their TV ...

look for this

Model T's to War: American Ambulances on the Western Front, 1914-1918

Ambulances of the American Field Services help the French army in its fight against German forces.

this is a you tube link to a preview.

manyolkars

Quote from: "rumrumm"
The very first Model A's were referred to as AR's because they had some Model T parts on them. I learned this from an old gent who restored a Model AR. .

Dont you hate it when the 'old gents' spread misinformation like this?

The Model A was 'The New Ford'.
I dont think you will find a single T part carried into A use.
The AR designation applied to obsoleted parts, of which there were many.
By the time Henry had made the first 5000 Model As, he had made 5500 changes in the parts.
These obsoleted parts got the designation, "AR" in the parts listing.
There are several very good websites dedicated to the true story of the Ts and As

Harry

QuoteThe Model A was 'The New Ford'.
By the time Henry had made the first 5000 Model As, he had made 5500 changes in the parts.
There are several very good websites dedicated to the true story of the Ts and As

Model T doors fit Model A pickup trucks.[/quote]

GPster

Was looking at "The Rodder's Journal" number 40, page 16/17and there was an old picture of a '32 roadster under re-construction, fender-less without rear fenders but still with the stock gas tank. Maybe this will give you some idea of what stock looked like. GPster

rumrumm

Quote from: "manyolkars"
Quote from: "rumrumm"
The very first Model A's were referred to as AR's because they had some Model T parts on them. I learned this from an old gent who restored a Model AR. .

Dont you hate it when the 'old gents' spread misinformation like this?

The Model A was 'The New Ford'.

I may have mis-remembered the Model T parts things as it was back in the mid-70's I was told about the AR designation. Check this one out: A Model A AR for sale. There is some clarification there.

www.route36motorcars.com/antique/roadster
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

chimp koose

there is one on kijiji .27 coupe with trunk lid for $800 in moose jaw saskatchewan . Its listed in the saskatoon kijiji site.