Where are the Model T coupe bodys?

Started by 47convert, October 30, 2009, 11:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47convert

ANyone know of a good 26/27 T Coupe body? I can find lots of project cars and some finished Rats, but I want to build my own. I've been check'n all the forums and car classified but no luck so far. It'd be cool to find one not too far from Detroit.

wayne petty

there was a metal working school somewhere.. where they teach you to roll your own...   the class over the week duplicates a complete body.. panel by panel...

i don't remember where i saw the article...  looked neat...

Harry

Look under "kijiji" or "used regina" for T parts in Sasketchewan.

Harry

View larger image  

Date Listed 24-Oct-09  
Price $1,700.00  
Address Estevan, SK, Canada
View map  
For Sale By Owner
Make Ford
Model Model T
Year 1927
Kilometers 10000

for sale ., 1926-27 model T 2 door sedan , pretty much complete , has rust in usual spots , bottom of doors, rear section and cowl

There's one on kijiji right now. Under "Regina" classic cars

47convert

Quote from: "wayne petty"there was a metal working school somewhere.. where they teach you to roll your own...   the class over the week duplicates a complete body.. panel by panel...

i don't remember where i saw the article...  looked neat...

Thanx Wayne, but I don't think I have enough years left to develope that kind of talent. I want a coupe - guess I didn't mention that.

butch27

Seems to me that the '27s are the most available year of Fords. Something about the changing  to model "A"s?? So they must have built tons of '26-'27s beforehand.

Carnut

heh, heh, this topic really brings on a nostalgia trip for me.

Used to have a local 'yard' down the road that had a ton of old 20's/30's Fords. I mean at least dozen 26/27 T's and even more Model A's that
were almost driveable.

Used to be such a dream world to go down and just wander around there.

The guy wouldn't sell anything, he was actually in the salvage business but only the junk 40's, 50's models. Heh, heh, my mom and my old 48 DeSoto coupe ended up there.

The old stuff was his stash.

But alas Uncle Sam called and when I came back it was all gone. think the guy died and it was all auctioned off.

But the memories are just wonderful.

47convert

Henry built over 15 million T's. You'd think there'd be a few cood coupe bodys around. Here's a neat video:  

Danimal

Mr Gasser on the HAMB has a few T items. Don't know if he's selling. He's north by Clarkston, I believe. Exit 91 or 93?

Canuck

Might want to check out :

http://www.vavavoomgarage.com/ford.html

Bill is a honest guy to deal with.  Don't know what the Ts are like, but his web site shows 5 coupes.

South wetsern Manitoba.

Canuck
My 30 Coupe build, with a Nailhead and fenders
  UPDATED JUNE 26, 2017
http://chevelle406.wordpress.com/

manyolkars

Quote from: "butch27"Seems to me that the '27s are the most available year of Fords. Something about the changing  to model "A"s?? So they must have built tons of '26-'27s beforehand.

Actually its the 26's that are common.
Henry shut down 1927 production for the changeover to Model As,
I think it was April of 1927
It took months to restart production but there are Model As that were built in 1927

wayne petty

my grandfather and uncle worked for ford here in los angeles.. as i understand ..  there was a plant on or near terminal island...

my uncle told me of how when they closed the plant..   there was a warehouse of model T and model A  parts...  they bulldozed the parts into L A harbor and then filled the area with dirt..    seems henry figured it was cheeper to get rid of them than to store them...

if you have a proto tool... from the 40 50's   you have a model T axle in your hand...    seems henry used the best steel...  my upholstery friend .. gus nelli (rip) told me of how he and friends would make money selling proto, model T axles for them to make into new tools.

rumrumm

Quote from: "manyolkars"
Quote from: "butch27"Seems to me that the '27s are the most available year of Fords. Something about the changing  to model "A"s?? So they must have built tons of '26-'27s beforehand.

Actually its the 26's that are common.
Henry shut down 1927 production for the changeover to Model As,
I think it was April of 1927
It took months to restart production but there are Model As that were built in 1927

The very first Model A's were referred to as AR's because they had some Model T parts on them. I learned this from an old gent who restored a Model AR. A lot of people don't know of this designation. I wish I could remember what parts he mentioned but I think it had something to do with the flywheel and starter parts. Maybe someone can chime in on this.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

47convert

Thanx guys. I'll check these out. I actually had a 28AR pheaton a few years ago. They had quite a few differences from later versions - like red steering wheels and the front fenders were different. I ran into a 'tiquer one time eho was boasting about how we hot rodders were screw'n up all these old cars and how they should be kept original and what a great original old car his was. He was absolutely flabbergasted when I asked him why he had one AR fender and one late 28/29 style fender. Had to look 2 or 3 times before he saw the difference. That was fun!

unklian

Quote from: "47convert"I asked him why he had one AR fender and one late 28/29 style fender.

But his is "original", even if it is wrong.  :wink:   :roll: