Model A job

Started by idrivejunk, July 25, 2018, 08:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Only bad. I already gave the hint above, following the word longshot.
Matt

idrivejunk

The A has only sat since last post. I straightened a bent drip rail on it Friday, without leaving a mark. Came to say there will be no more pictures. Boss had a change of heart about those and with a few words, punctuated my forum hobby as well. My car hobby was snuffed a decade ago so I could work there. Now theres nothing, only sanding in my future. The end. :blank:
Matt

rumrumm

Dang! All that work and we don't get to see the finished car? Not your fault. Maybe "someone else" could snap a photo of the finished car sitting outside ready for the owner and post it here.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

idrivejunk

We will all be so dead by the time that hits the road... ain't gonna matter. But then I thought it'd be Thanksgiving before it got shiny.
Matt

chimp koose

That is a shame about the no pix deal . :( I have learned a lot from what you have posted in the past.

enjenjo

Well, you can always post more of your art. I enjoyed that too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Quote from: enjenjo on October 20, 2021, 11:29:14 PM
Well, you can always post more of your art. I enjoyed that too.

Have not made it past a scribble in months.

Matt

enjenjo

That looks like something I might have done. No, something I have done, just not that model car
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Me, too. Posi and torque would be tough to live without.

I was going for a vague nondenominational blur of mid sixties hardtop coupe but my brand loyalty got the best of me there.  ;)
Matt

idrivejunk

Went to the other building looking for a person today and if the A had been a snake it could have bit me. Didn't recognize it for a sec, half covered in tape and with some insulation down and wires hanging out. Floating on the lift, over a loaded chassis. Found person, returned to my work area without a second glance. Done seen it plenty and will plenty more. But theres a single glance update.  :)
Matt

idrivejunk

The A owner just popped in, getting first look with color. They started talking mechanicals and all but it just so happens that Mike has doors on and hood n grille in place with it down on the frame. I can start to see beauty emerge, with the bright headers and tan engine along with all the other textures of things... and it is going to be quite the piece of eye candy. Might turn out to be a helluva car too. ;)
Matt

jaybee

I've been thinking it's going to be a helluva car for a long time.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

I drove the two stockish cars I built there, briefly. But have only ever ridden in one I was involved with aside from those. In other words, I ain't likely to ever find out. So I say might. ;)

Its a long way from shakedown. :arrow:
Matt

idrivejunk

As of Friday the other sheet metal was on it, in primer. Trunk lid too but its painted. Don't know why another mock up was required but some coaching was involved on the front end of course. Not bad. Its probably due to sit a little while again.
Matt

idrivejunk

I noticed a gas tank in it. Made for it but way way way too big. My spec guideline was thrown out and looks like something has to be cut to even see it in place. Actually it appears that the cabin bulkhead I made is out. The tank sits clear up where the seat goes and now the batteries (2 6V Optimas on their side) don't go inside the quarters they go in the seat riser (stock, altered?). I remain clueless and unable to question. Front end gaps look like poo. :blank:
Matt