1998 GMC transmission problem?

Started by chopped, April 03, 2009, 12:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

If there is a converter clutch problem , it will chatter just like a  manual transmittion clutch.

Also........ if the converter clutch is locked up correctly and the engine goes into a mis-fire , that will shake /  chatter the vehicle too
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Danimal

Well, it certainly sounds like this could be the culprit. I get no engine codes but boy do I get a shake! It isn't loud at all like a chattering, just a lot of shuddering.

Now, is this an all day job for the dealership (it is a company car, even WITH 222k miles!)?

Thanks!

Crosley.In.AZ

hi,

probably a 1 day job with 1 day of 'sun time'  before and   after the actual repair work...  3 days total

:shock:
Tony

Danimal

Yeah, with my dealership, there is always some 'sun time' involved. I've never heard it called that but I am amazed that they still ask me if I'm going to wait for it.

I dropped it off at 7:45 and you won't even touch it until 1 pm, why would I want to WAIT for it?

chopped

Trans shop called, it was locking and unlocking. Having the computer reflashed, whatever that means.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "chopped"Trans shop called, it was locking and unlocking. Having the computer reflashed, whatever that means.

the PCM (computer) is having the programs re-installed into  it.  These computers can hiccup just like a home computer,   way less often though.

I hope it helps... there may be an update or 2 in the reflash
Tony