Truck restification

Started by Danimal, March 23, 2009, 09:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danimal

In the process of building Court's truck, we've amassed enough parts to nearly put a stocker (with bad floors) together. Court bought a '56 235 last weekend in Ohio but it has a 49 Chevy trans with a rear K member style mount. We have a '54 3/4 ton open drive 3 speed that should go in it but we need a bell to mount to the truck mounts.

Has anyone made an adapter to go from the 56 car bell (we have one of those) to the truck mounts? Car bell has 2 bolts, truck mounts have 1 mount and 1 alignment post. Does anyone know if they even line up?

We just thought we'd put this together as an 'on the farm' truck but with a dual m/c and a few other things.

Also in the need of 1 intake port ring for a 235 (it had 2 in it and we have a manifold).

enjenjo

No idea how they line up. The 55 and newer truck bells will fit the older frames. Any chance of using a 55 to 62 Powerglide adapter and the stock  54 bell housing?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Danimal

Quote from: "enjenjo"No idea how they line up. The 55 and newer truck bells will fit the older frames. Any chance of using a 55 to 62 Powerglide adapter and the stock  54 bell housing?

My biggest problem is I don't HAVE a stock '54 truck bell housing. The drivetrain wasn't in the truck when I got it back. The car bell was in the back of the '52 the boys picked up after Kzoo.

I've got a line on a truck bell. I'll post if I get it. The boys are deciding what to do now so it isn't a hurry. I was just trying to put some parts together rather than all over the barn!