Thoughts on trophys

Started by Kctom, June 27, 2004, 01:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choco

I'd like to see more rod runs that don't have the usual trophies, just a few for cruising, long distance and participation. I have several, mainly for Top Cruiser or People's Choice. All the trophies that I have won take pride of place in the trophy cabinet, along with my boxing trophies and baseball trophies from my distant youth.  As an organisor of several large rod runs, trophy allocation is a real nighmare, but it gets really difficult when the one car wins most of the trophies. Even though the car probably deserves the accolades, it somehow degrades the rest of the participants.
Hot Rod Shows are more suited for the trophy hungry rodder. Rod Runs are for participating and having fun in cars.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Frank Choco Munday, Technical Author
Hot Rod Handbooks
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Jbird

Thoughts on trophys?
 I think trophys are meant to reward competition. To me Hot Rod building is a form of artistic expression, the reward comes from the actual building process. Unfortunately in our advertising glutted society everything has to be rated and classified. I have four awards that I'm proud of. A blue ribbon for an archery competition when I was in junior high school. A first place trophy for a fast pitch softball tournament (I would have pitched a perfect game if I hadn't beaned the same guy twice in the final game). A second place trophy in a regional eight ball league. And a peoples choice plaque for a Cobra I built and sold. The owner of the Cobra stopped by a local show to check out another Cobra, the promoter talked him into registering his Cobra in the show. The Cobra owner made me take the plaque, it's hanging around here somewhere.

Now let's have some thoughts on trophy wives.
Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance