Hooley doing a wheelie in the Henry J

Started by WZ JUNK, March 02, 2009, 09:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

Hooley ran the Henry J last Saturday for the first time with the new motor.  If you go to http://www.maxcacklephotos.com/ and click on the link for the Texas Thaw 2009 you will see the results.  Maybe someone who is better on the computer than I am can just move that picture to this post.

I think he ordered wheelie bars today.  He was told that the rear bumper nearly touched which means that the picture was taken on the way up or on the way down.

This is going to be fun.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Crosley.In.AZ

that wheelie  would certainly get your attention.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

dragrcr50

that was about 2/3  the way up,  ended with a 5.94 1/8  mile pass  (thats about a 9.25  1/4  not bad for  a HOOLEY J   ...............
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

purplepickup

Wow, looks like a fun day!  

I went to the photo album of the event.....lots of cool homegrown cars there plus a couple more shots of Hooley.  

What a nice way to shake off the winter.  

Thanks John. :D
George

HotRodLadyCrusr

Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

sirstude

I want to go for that ride.  What is the motor this time?

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

dragrcr50

Quote from: "sirstude"I want to go for that ride.  What is the motor this time?

Doug

he's tellin me it is a v6 this time,  I aint buyin it ...........
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Hooley

Doug, My friend Floyd Straw built a 496 BBC this winter for the Henry J. It is a roller motor with Enderle tunnelram fuel injecter on Alky. I think that will be the only pic of it off the groung that far. Floyd can sure build a motor. Still running the Glide with a 5500 stall converter. I am glad the car went stright and didn't brake any thing.     Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"

papastoyss

Is there a new crease in the seat cover?
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Hooley

Yea the seat took it hard.  " HELL YEA IT SCARED ME"
"Just Glade To Be Here"

WZ JUNK

I went with Hooley and Floyd today and we ran the Henry at the Tulsa dragstip.  It was Hooley's first runs on a 1/4 mile strip with the new motor.  Hooley adjusted the 4 bar and the car did not wheelie like last weekend.  Just barely carries the front wheels on the launch now.  He further adjust the 4 bar and the car ran straight through the full quarter.  There is a whole science to that 4 bar stuff.  

Best run today was a 9.4 ET at 136 MPH.  Floyd and Hooley both think the car has a little more in it.

It was a great day.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

dragrcr50

yada yada yada,  I can hardly wait to have to leave a second ahead of him and watch him pass me at the end , hahahaha :P