My 36 Dodge is in April 2009 Hot Rod

Started by Learpilot, February 13, 2009, 03:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Learpilot

My 36 Dodge along with my Dad's Dragster is in the April 2009 issue of  Hot Rod on page 43. There cover  says First Cars. I got my Dodge in november 1965 when I was 16 and it was my first car. The only thing that is wrong is I was in the Air Force but not in Vietnam from 1968 to 1972. I was stationed at Luke AFB Phoenix , AZ and Ramstein AB Germany.

Rick

chopped

April 09? I just got Jan. I hear there is a show in Columbus the 28th. You going?

Learpilot

Quote from: "chopped"April 09? I just got Jan. I hear there is a show in Columbus the 28th. You going?
It is at Jordan High School and I am planning on going.
Rick

chopped

Quote from: "Learpilot"
Quote from: "chopped"April 09? I just got Jan. I hear there is a show in Columbus the 28th. You going?
It is at Jordan High School and I am planning on going.
Rick
I'll look you up.

chimp koose

Charlie Chops 1940

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

jaybee

Wow, that's awesome.  Just yesterday I was explaining to SWMBO about how the magazines too often feature ultra-high-dollar cars by people with names like Tepanier, Moal, and Foose.  My point was that the magazine types feel this should be inspirational to the rest of us, but IMO it too often conveys the impression that these are the cars worth having.  I'd rather see less of the very expensive custom builds and more like yours.  It sends the message that if you want it badly enough you can get it done, and it can be a car you can be very proud of.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Got mine yesterday.Lookin' good

Did you notice the Toyota powered Camaro in there too?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

papastoyss

I saw that & thought "hey that looks like Lear Pilot's car". Congrats on the ink.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

UGLY OLDS

Congrats Rick...Wanted to wait to see it before commenting...( My mailman read's REAL slow...It arrived today..)   Looks great !! Neat shot with your Dad's digger ..Good Job!!  8)

Bob....... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Lear45pilot

Quote from: UGLY OLDSCongrats Rick...Wanted to wait to see it before commenting...( My mailman read's REAL slow...It arrived today..)   Looks great !! Neat shot with your Dad's digger ..Good Job!!  8)

Bob.......

Thanks for all the positive comments. I don't know what happened to my account but I had to make another because I have a new email address. We went with the cable tv and a lot faster and cheaper.

Rick

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Lear45pilot"

Thanks for all the positive comments. I don't know what happened to my account but I had to make another because I have a new email address. We went with the cable tv and a lot faster and cheaper.

Rick

You don't have to make a new account with a new email address all you have to do is check you new email address mailbox and click the approval link to reactivate the account. A second option would have been to check with me first. You are aware that having 2 accounts is a violation of the Terms of Service aren't you?

Learpilot

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
Quote from: "Lear45pilot"

Rick

You don't have to make a new account with a new email address all you have to do is check you new email address mailbox and click the approval link to reactivate the account. A second option would have been to check with me first. You are aware that having 2 accounts is a violation of the Terms of Service aren't you?
THANKS For the info about two accounts is a violation of the terms of service. I did not know, and I am not that great with computers. When I went to college we used a slide rule. We went to the moon by using a slide rule.
Thanks again, Rick