Agreed value insurance

Started by Normspeed, January 30, 2009, 10:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Normspeed

I'm getting ready for some traveling and I want to switch to an agreed value policy for my wagon.  So far I've looked at Hagerty (no trailers, no camping), Grundy (no trailers) and JC Taylor (3500 miles per year max).

Anyone know of an outfit that will offer agreed value without the mileage/use limits, and isn't afraid of camping or towing a trailer?  Where the Plymouth goes, the teardrop follows.

rumrumm

I can't tell you about restrictions specifically, but you could also try CHROME and Sneed & Robinson who also insure street rods.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

BFS57

Hello;
I don't know about towing a trailer but I have my agreed value with the Hartford (you are a member of AARP aren't you?)

Bruce

purplepickup

Hmm, I didn't know about the no trailer clause.  I'm making a trailer hitch for my pickup and I've got Grundy ins. :(
George

348tripower

Quote from: "purplepickup"Hmm, I didn't know about the no trailer clause.  I'm making a trailer hitch for my pickup and I've got Grundy ins. :(

Same here. I tow the teardrop all over. I guess Iwill have to check that.
Don
Don Colliau

HotRodLadyCrusr

I've got grundy as well and I've never heard that trailer thing either.  I just bought a little trailer to haul my go-cart around behind Big Olds.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Grandadeo

Tune in tomorrow when all us trailer towers find out what our policies really say.  I have Grundy and have to check mine now too .

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Carnut

I've had Heacock Classic Ins. for 20 yrs now,

never checked what all they cover and never had a claim.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

http://www.heacockclassic.com/site/

Normspeed

I might have misread a comment about the trailer issue.  Hagerty most definitely prohibits trailers and camping, but going back over what I've found so far now I can't see the trailer mentioned in the Grundy website.  One of my friends on another forum made a comment about Hagerty that read like info about Grundy and I mis understood him.  

Thanks for all the info.  I'll call Grundy to discuss and if they aren't nervous about trailers I'll probably go with them.

32Flames

I have Grundy and they even insure my trailer that I pull behind my 32

Crosley.In.AZ

Call them.

I had Grundy give me some 'stuff' on the phone years ago on a car they considered a modified car = street rod.  My Dodge Lancer with a chevy motor.

I then pointed out that I had watched an infomercial with old man Grundy on the TV show My Classic Car talking about street rod coverage from his company...  I suggested she needed to  get the correct information.  They called me back and all was suddenly fine.

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

40 Chev Coupe

I got JC Taylor and no mention of limited miles.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "40 Chev Coupe"I got JC Taylor and no mention of limited miles.

How about towing a trailer?

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

houston54

Have you settled on a policy yet?

This issue has to be one of the most frustrating for those who like to use their rods everyday like myself.

Grundys recently added a daily driver policy which used the Hartford Grp as the underwriter/carrier.  I was told by the rep that I would have to have all my vehicles on the policy which is a non-starter for other reasons.  I also found out they do not offer this product in 6 states of which Texas is one.

I set up an agreed value policy through SAFECO.  It requires an appraisal and pictures.  I think it was breaking new ground for them or at least for the agency I was going through.  There are no restrictions regarding trailering that I have noticed.

In my experience the specialty car insurance outfits ignore daily use as it exposes them to too much risk.  They are missing an opportunity in my opinion.