GM Steering Column

Started by timkins, January 26, 2009, 07:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timkins

I have a GM steering column from the late 70's to the mid 80's with Tilt, shift, wiper and keyed. The plastic horn ring inside the column under the snap ring has cracked and I need to replace it. Any suggestions where to purchase. I have enclosed a photo to help with the description.

enjenjo

NAPA has them. There are only two that cover about 99 percent of the applications. The store here has them in stock.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

timkins

When you say NAPA does that include Advance Auto or ?

wayne petty

grabbed some dorman part numbers...   they are good at most parts stores....

the horn contact rings are usually called turn signal cams as they have little tabs on the bottom that unlatch the turn signal switch when the wheel is returned

napa has some parts numbers..
Turn Signal Cancel Cam  Product Line: Balkamp
BK 7352188
or
BK 7352950

the only show pictures from the top so its hard to tell which one will fit..

enjenjo

Quote from: "timkins"When you say NAPA does that include Advance Auto or ?

When I say NAPA, I mean NAPA, Advanced is another chain. Advanced carries the Dorman line I think.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

The Paisano

Quote from: "enjenjo"NAPA has them. There are only two that cover about 99 percent of the applications. The store here has them in stock.
Paisano

The Paisano

Quote from: "timkins"I have a GM steering column from the late 70's to the mid 80's with Tilt, shift, wiper and keyed. The plastic horn ring inside the column under the snap ring has cracked and I need to replace it. Any suggestions where to purchase. I have enclosed a photo to help with the description.

NAPA stands for National Auto Parts Association
Paisano

timkins

Thanks to all who responded. I walked into the local parts store and went to the "HELP" section and there was what I needed. It helped that I had the parts numbers also.  Back together and all is well for the time being. Again Thank you, I knew I could get the answer here.