Frame numbers

Started by phat46, January 16, 2009, 09:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Does anyone know if Model T frames have the serial/vin number stamped on them like the Model A's have? If so where would it be located?

phat rat

I'm not sure if they had them or not. But if they did I would think they would be in the same place as an A
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Corn Fed

Only the 26 & 27's had a number on the frame.  It is in roughly the same place as Model A, meaning the left rail about the cowl area.  25 and older frames have no number.

phat46

Quote from: "Corn Fed"Only the 26 & 27's had a number on the frame.  It is in roughly the same place as Model A, meaning the left rail about the cowl area.  25 and older frames have no number.

Thanks, I wonder if it's like the numbers on the model A frames, seems like it's miss or hit with the numbers on the Model A frames, I have inquired about several and none have had the numbers on them.

Corn Fed

Im pretty sure all the Model A frames had a number on them.  I've owned probably a dozen Model A frames over the years and unless they were very rusted in the number area, they have all had numbers.  

I've only had one Model T frame with a number.  But that doesn't surprise me since only 2 years had them.

Charlie Chops 1940

My 26/27 had its number on the left side under the cowl.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat46

Over on the HAMB several guys said there were model A frames  at K'zoo for $100.... :(  and i couldn't go...

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat46"Over on the HAMB several guys said there were model A frames  at K'zoo for $100.... :(  and i couldn't go...

Yes there were several.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "phat46"Over on the HAMB several guys said there were model A frames  at K'zoo for $100.... :(  and i couldn't go...

Yes there were several.

Yeah, rub it in Frank.... :lol:
Would have been there but I'll be head cook and bottle washer for a few more days till my wife can get around again