RRT project

Started by enjenjo, January 10, 2009, 08:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I picked up some steel crates today, for free, that have some small tubing we can use on the Crosley. I got them from the TSC store for hauling them off.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

DRD donated some Centerline wheels we might be able to use, or use for trading material for race car parts.

unklian

GPster

I watch this site every day to see if anybody has something new to say. Something new since 4/01/11. Now if we had someone with photo shop that could piece all the pictures together with centerline wheels on it and show everyone what it's going to look like. Thanks for the donation DRD. You should put a value on them so we can put you down for some shares in the project. Do you have any places where we can find some aluminum plate for a firewall? GPster

enjenjo

QuoteDo you have any places where we can find some aluminum plate for a firewall?

We have a midmount plate.

Danimal

If you are looking to flat tow this at any point, I have a hitch assembly from a Jeep.

Just a thought...

enjenjo

Just out of curiosity, does any one have a pair of 31 spline good aftermarket axles, for a 9" Ford, over 24" long each that we could have shortened for the race car? That they would be willing to donate? How about a nodular iron carrier?

zzebby

I have a pair of factory 78 Ford pickup 31 spline axles. Also have a decent CNC machine shop, turning and milling if I can make any custom parts. Autocad design.

enjenjo

Quote from: "zzebby"I have a pair of factory 78 Ford pickup 31 spline axles. Also have a decent CNC machine shop, turning and milling if I can make any custom parts. Autocad design.

I have factory 31 spline axles here. I would rather stay away from factory axles since we are using a spool, braking an axle can be a disaster with a spool. I'll keep the machine work in mind, we will probably need it.

enjenjo

I had a thought. If any one has some parts laying around that they are not using, and would be willing to sell, and donate the proceeds to the racer, it would be helpful to the cause. Or any parts that you would be willing to donate that we might be able to trade for parts we can use would work too.

I am also working on a couple ideas for a fund raiser, more when I get the idea firmed up.

GPster

I've been thinking about that too. I was wondering if we should get together at a Swap Meet and un-load contributions for the cause. The only place that come to mind to me would be Springfield. It would cut my mileage in half so that I could go and return on the same day. Would we count the value of the parts donated and sold towards project SHARES? I know with money tight maybe donating parts to sell would get more people involved if they thought they had a piece of it. An other idea would be if peoples "Want List" was made known here before Ebay. It's hard for me to gather the nerve to sell anything and make people think they need it. If someone makes known what they need and it's around maybe it'd be easier to donate money from the sale. I'd hate for my donation to clutter up your clean garage or new trailer. You may need the room when George gets his place clean. GPster

enjenjo

QuoteI've been thinking about that too. I was wondering if we should get together at a Swap Meet and un-load contributions for the cause.

I have a spot at the Coldwater swap meet May 12 and 13 to sell unneeded parts we have to raise money. I will have more room than I need, soif any one close has something they want to sell, bring it.

GPster

Untill I get the Jeepster pushed back into the garage this weekend and the tarp off of it I can't remember what I may have. Except for that '42 - '48 Ford radiator I think the rest of it would look like an S10 yard sale. I'd like to be there to help but I'm still trying to catch up from the five days I used for the "Hooley runs the Ohio Mile". If I don't get the chicken coop (should be coupe?) done soon I may be spending "Mother's Day" in it. GPster

39deluxe

I found a pair of new Delco shocks in my horde that may be usable. They appear rather short with eyes on both ends.

Do we know what length range we need yet?

Tom

enjenjo

Okay, Tony asked for an update, here it is.

The  basic frame is done but will need further welding. The body is almost done, it needs some attention to some dents, and TLC all over, and some minor welding. We have a racing seat, it needs to be modified a bit, but is near new. We have all four wheels, and the front tires. We had slicks, but they were sold at a profit, and the money used for other parts.

The front axle, and suspension is made, we need to narrow the steering rack, and make mounts for it. The rear axle housing is made, still needs the brace final welded. The rear suspension needs the 4 link brackets modified, but is otherwise done.

The tilt front end needs extensive welding, and panels made to blend in the grille area.

We have a powerglide to go in it that has been rebuilt.

We need axles, rear brakes, roll cage, floor, windows, shifter, and many small things that have not been addressed yet.

The total spent so far is $1570 Wer have $100 on hand. The sale of the BBQ trailer will give us more