Not a Hot Rod, but somebody may know...

Started by Bruce Dorsi, January 06, 2009, 07:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Dorsi

My brother-in-law has a 1996 F-150 with a solid bench seat.

He's curious to learn if Ford ever made a bench seat with a fold-down armrest in the center of the seatback, that would bolt directly into his truck.

I thought someone here would know.  

Thanks for any insight you can offer!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

oiler

Can't recall ever seeing a Ford with one
early 90's chevs had them though and probly wouldn't be a hard swap
Jeff

enjenjo

I don't think Ford did, but there are aftermarket seats for a Ford like that. Keep in mind that Bronco, Excursion, and the Lincoln SUV use the same basic cab, and one of them might have what he wants.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Mac

I can't speak about direct bolt in but I bought a bench seat at the local Pick-a-part for my `63 C-10 Chevy. It's out of a `91 F-150 and has a fold down armrest. The truck wasn't any highend trim package and the seat is cloth.
Who\'s yer Data?

GPster

He might look for it with a change in terminology. Like a 60/40 bench seat. My '87 Ranger LTD has one and it gives me something to put my elbow on to help me slide into the seat. One problem that it might add though is they might all have the high backs which make it a little harder to twist around and see in the truck bed and check clearences while backing. GPster

C9

2002 is the same body style?

My 02 F-150 Supercrew has a 60/40 front seat with fold down armrest that doubles as a console.

Very comfortable seat and if it's the same body style it ought to be a bolt-in.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Bruce Dorsi

Thanks for your helpful responses!

From the internet, I have learned that:

(a) 1991-1996 F-150 seats will interchange.   .....During these years, a (non-split) bench seat with fold-down armrest was available.  .....For some (or all) of these years, the fold-down armrest did not have a storage compartment. ....The seatback was normal height with the center portion slightly shorter.

(b) There is a possibility that 1987-1990 F-150 seats will also fit the years named above by using the '91-'96 seat-mounting rails.

(c) 1997-2003 F-150 seats are wider than prior years, and have a different mounting bolt pattern. ....40/60-Split bench seats with a fold-down armrest were available.  .....Many of the armrests had cupholder(s) and a storage area.

This may help someone else in the future!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

junkyardjeff

My 87 F150 had a bench seat with a center armrest and I think they made those seats untill 90 and should bolt in a 96 if its the same body as a 92.  Jeff