what do I take?

Started by chimp koose, January 03, 2009, 11:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

OK ,my 91 caravan,3.3l auto, has just died(for the last time). What is good for salvage from it? I have stripped vehicles before only to have the parts cluttering the shelves of my shop for years. I want to know if there are any pieces that are good rodding items specific to the caravan.I have heard that the middle seat is a good size for a bench in a coupe?Would it be good for my T coupe(T is now out in storage so I cant measure)?Also I just figured out that 3.3l works out to 201cid. Would this direct port injection be worth the effort to install on my '68 200"ford inline 6?What all would I need from the donor for that swap?Thanks for the input.

Bib_Overalls

I'd liker to help but I know nothing about Caravans.

I know that the seat is used in 28+ Ford roadsters and coupes.

But Model Ts are just a tad narrower.  And forward of the "B" pillar they start to narrow more acutely.  You really need a seat that has some inward taper (back to front).  If the seat works in your T let me know.  I'm still looking for a front seat (or seats) for my 26 sedan project
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

wayne petty

the seat covers come off the voyager seats in about 20 minutes...  

the things of value on those are usually the engine control computer.. the trans control computer if equipped...  the transmission...  the engine... if it still runs... the wheels will fit other mopar mini vans that came with the same size wheels...  14 or 15 inch...   there are a bunch or relays that can be used on other projects...

if it is all wheel drive as a few are... the parts are worth even more...

the rear axles are about the right size for a small trailer...

wvcab

if it has power windows, the motors and the mechanicals..

Learpilot

I used the rear leaf springs on my 36 Dodge. I don't know what year Caravan. Anything to do with wiring might be useful, wires ,fuse box, all of the weather tite connectors, radio, power windows and door jam connectors or conduits.

enjenjo

If it has the Infinity sound system, they are actually a pretty good setup. You can use the cooling fans. The power steering pump is a Saginaw and will work in most applications,it also has a neat filler tube extension, and longer dipstick that comes in handy in a narrow engine bay. The master cylinder will work on hot rods, originally it is hooked up diagonally, LF-RR, RF-LR.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.