Question

Started by kb426, December 18, 2008, 07:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "Crosley"
I do not understand how the local AZ fish wrap can be anti labor when they obviously hate the conservative side of politics and love illegal immigrants(Labor group).  

labor=higher wages

illegal immigrants=cheap labor

they use immigrants to deliver the newspaper

later jim

the guy delivering  in my neighborhood does not look like an illegal immigrant... although he does not stop at many houses any more.  Same guy and little truck for many years now

you may be speaking of the delivery from the printing plant you call home?

not too many more years and the local fish wrap will be the size of the penny saver.  Should be easier for you to print.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat rat

Quote from: "slocrow"
Nope, I can't agree with a loan at this point! I think a bankruptcy for reorganization is the way out for it alone allows the companies to extricate themselves for existing obligations that are doing a slow kill.
The bridge loan would be a bailout of the UAW for all it's thrown around the necks of the "big 3".

Hey, if you're retired before 65 and need to pay for health insurance maybe you need a job.

Frank, am I understanding you correctly? A person shouldn't retire before age 65? He should lose a negotiated pension from the company he retired from? Have you looked at what the executives are getting at the car companies? Everyone gets on the bandwagon that it's the workers/unions fault, but who is making the marketing decisions that led the company down this path. I hardly think it was the guy on the line making them.
The big 3 have forced smaller companies out of business because of their demanding lower prices from them or they would go overseas for the goods. I saw the company I worked for forced by GM to do something as silly as change by 180 degrees the position of some machinery. Why because GM at that time (early 90's) declared they knew how to efficently run a factory. Never mind the fact that the company I worked for was in business before GM was ever thought of. The automotive suppliers have been taking a very heavy hit the last few years because of the ever increasing demand by the big 3 for lower prices for their goods. It didn't matter to them that these companies had increasing overhead. I saw some parts that I was involved with increase in production cost but the big 3 wanted to pay less every time a price contract was negotiated. It ended up the company I worked for closed the plant. The jobs went overseas
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

river1

Quote from: "phat rat"The big 3 have forced smaller companies out of business because of their demanding lower prices from them or they would go overseas for the goods. I saw the company I worked for forced by GM to do something as silly as change by 180 degrees the position of some machinery. Why because GM at that time (early 90's) declared they knew how to efficently run a factory. Never mind the fact that the company I worked for was in business before GM was ever thought of. The automotive suppliers have been taking a very heavy hit the last few years because of the ever increasing demand by the big 3 for lower prices for their goods. It didn't matter to them that these companies had increasing overhead. I saw some parts that I was involved with increase in production cost but the big 3 wanted to pay less every time a price contract was negotiated. It ended up the company I worked for closed the plant. The jobs went overseas

i call that the "WALMART" syndrome

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

river1

Quote from: "river1"
I do not understand how the local AZ fish wrap can be anti labor when they obviously hate the conservative side of politics and love illegal immigrants(Labor group).  

labor=higher wages

illegal immigrants=cheap labor

they use immigrants to deliver the newspaper

later jim

the guy delivering  in my neighborhood does not look like an illegal immigrant... although he does not stop at many houses any more.  Same guy and little truck for many years now

you may be speaking of the delivery from the printing plant you call home?

not too many more years and the local fish wrap will be the size of the penny saver.  Should be easier for you to print.

8)

not all of the delivery guys are illegal but alot are. the paper gets around it by calling them independent contractors. of course the recent law changes might have change the ratio of legal to illegal.

did you see what my employer is doing with their paper in detroit. they are going to "home" deliver a paper only three days a week. if you want it seven you're out of luck unless you want to run down to the local circle K. if it works in detroit you can count on it moving across the nation.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Carnut

Heh, heh, well, I do think everyone involved in actually building a Pontiac Aztek deserves to loose their job.

Folks could have at least become conscientious objectors or something.