Hula Girl Question

Started by msuguydon, December 05, 2008, 02:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msuguydon

So I bought a little Hula Girl to dance on the Tuna Boat's dash.  After all what self respecting 58 owner would not have a Hula girl dancing on the dash.  

So my question is this:  the little Hula girl statue has an adhesive pad on the bottom to keep it attached to the dash.  Should I be concerned that this adhesive is going to take the paint off the metal?

If so, what are alternative ways to attach it to the dash?  Silicon bead?
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

BFS57

Hello;
I have pretty much the same thing with a plastic Jesus! He has a magnet for a base and he always stays on the dash lookin right at me!
But I think that Hula Girls don't reside in the front of the car I have seen them mounted on the package tray in the rear of the car!

Bruce

msuguydon

Quote from: "BFS57"Hello;
I have pretty much the same thing with a plastic Jesus! He has a magnet for a base and he always stays on the dash lookin right at me!
But I think that Hula Girls don't reside in the front of the car I have seen them mounted on the package tray in the rear of the car!

Bruce

OHHHH good idea... I think we have some magnetic business card thingys... I could stick the magnet to the hula girl... magnet to the dash.,.. sorry she rides up front.. no offense to Jesus...

Carnut

it's the bobble head dogs that ride on the package tray.

Mikej

Keep your eyes on the road. :wink:

msuguydon

Quote from: "Mikej"Keep your eyes on the road. :wink:

:D Thanks!

58 Yeoman

QuoteAfter all what self respecting 58 owner would not have a Hula girl dancing on the dash.

Me!
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

junkyardjeff

I got one on the dash of my 65 country squire and I think I more permanently mounted it but cant remember exactly what I done plus its at the rented garage,I think the part of the base with the adhesive is removeable and I screwed it to the dash with a very smmall screw and have it over the speaker grille.  I got my hula girl at the surf shop on A1A in the Bellaire plaza in Daytona beach a few years ago.  Jeff

phat rat

Around here back then they put the Hula girl on the package tray.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

57larry

UGLY OLDS

Hmmmmmmm.....  :?:   "Hula Girl" ... :?  :?   Prolly before my time ..... :roll:  :roll:

Bob....... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Grandadeo

Quote from: "msuguydon"So I bought a little Hula Girl to dance on the Tuna Boat's dash.  After all what self respecting 58 owner would not have a Hula girl dancing on the dash.  

So my question is this:  the little Hula girl statue has an adhesive pad on the bottom to keep it attached to the dash.  Should I be concerned that this adhesive is going to take the paint off the metal?

If so, what are alternative ways to attach it to the dash?  Silicon bead?

I guess it's just one of the drawbacks of having a '32 Roadster.  No place to mount a Hula Girl.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

msuguydon

Back Deck.. REALLY!......not this guy!

Rayvyn

Back in the day, I was known to have the Hula girl with me in the back seat.
As a matter of fact, it's where I got my first Lei.......... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

chimp koose

Dashboard ,front & center, on the boat and in the truck!Bobble head dogs belong on the package tray.Ravyyn , you got a lei in the back seat? Most of us got de-flowered back there.