Jim/river1 - surgery today

Started by Anonymous, December 02, 2008, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Hi, my name is Gina and I'm Jim/river1's sister. I just wanted you to know that he had surgery today to remove his gall bladder. It was outpatient and he's recovering at home. Surgery was at 9:30 and he was out of the hospital by 11:30 or so. The surgeon said that he did well...the gall bladder was completely filled with gall stones. Said that it was typical for males as they are less likely to go to see a doctor.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know about the surgery. I'm sure he'll update himself when he's able to do so.

Gina

HotRodLadyCrusr

You admit to being his sister???? :shock:

Seriously, he's a GREAT guy and we all love him dearly and will be pulling for him for a full and pain free as possible recovery.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Crosley.In.AZ

We hope Jim has a full recovery from this....  8)  8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

Hope he heals quick & painless..Glad that all went well... :D   My condolences on being his sister.. :(  
All we can offer is Team Smart therapy...... :oops:

Bob.............................. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

river1

yes a little gall bladder situation :cry:

they put the IV in, then brought the sisters and niece in. next thing i knew i opened my eyes and was wondering when they were going to do the surgery. :?  :?  a slight pain in the gut told me they had already done the surgery. :shock:   i'm home and feeling OK, i'll be out of work for a few weeks then i'll be as good as new.

BIG THANKS FOR THE THOUGHTS :!:  :!:  :!:  

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"We hope Jim has a full recovery from this....  8)  8)

Me too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

Quote from: "river1"i'll be out of work for a few weeks then i'll be as good as new.later jim
Long enough for them to realize they can't do it right without you. Take care, GPster

HotRodLadyCrusr

Jim, I had mine out two years ago.  The doctors told me two weeks off work but after 5 days I was feeling so good I painted my whole kitchen and a week after that I was laying hardwood flooring in my kitchen.  You'll be up and about in no time....but don't tell work, use the time off to get stuff done on your car. :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Grandadeo

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Jim, I had mine out two years ago.  The doctors told me two weeks off work but after 5 days I was feeling so good I painted my whole kitchen and a week after that I was laying hardwood flooring in my kitchen.  You'll be up and about in no time....but don't tell work, use the time off to get stuff done on your car. :wink:

Yeah, paint it and put hardwood floors in it.  Get well soon Jim!!

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Crosley.In.AZ

you can come over and paint my car... I like the rust bullet coating for the floor
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

Get well soon. Recovery time can be painful,the only thing on daytime tv is usually Oprah or Springer!

Charlie Chops 1940

Take it easy at least for a few days then loaf around the rest of the time.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

C9

Been there, done that.

Get well quick, more important things to be doing instead of watching the soaps.

Got a sister do you?
Lucky guy.
Me too.
I'm a lucky guy as well....
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

oiler

Isn't there easier ways to get a couple weeks holidays? 8)
Get better soon
Jeff